Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Unable to boot into GroovyArcade...  (Read 738 times)

schoeps

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 12, 2023, 01:38:37 pm
Unable to boot into GroovyArcade...
« on: May 05, 2023, 09:44:23 am »
Did a bunch of fresh installs on a variety of devices but can't seem to get the machine to recognize the GroovyArcade install as bootable. Not an expert with Linux, any advice apprecaited!

Substring

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2024, 09:07:10 am
  • Forking GroovyArcade
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160023.0.html
    • GroovyArcade active fork
Re: Unable to boot into GroovyArcade...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 04:28:10 pm »
My bet is that all systems you've tried use UEFI Secure boot. And you can't boot GroovyArcade with Secure Boot. Disable it, and tell me.

It's a hybrid iso that can be booted on both legacy BIOS and UEFI, so it can boot, one way or another. Disable UEFI and force legacy if disabling secure boot didn't help

schoeps

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 11:20:04 am »
Fiddling around with BIOS settings, does not seem to be doing much, but I think it's a possibility. Blan to downgrade the BIOS, will elt you know how it goes! Thanks again for writing back, it's working flawlessly on my other machine :)

schoeps

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 10:12:50 am »
Was able to resolve this by formatting the drive with tools in an older version of Groovy Arcade. I deleted the partitions and recreated a Linux partition. Install went smooth and we are up and running!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 01:38:37 pm by schoeps »