Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mario Kart 8 & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed with Wheel2Xinput  (Read 1051 times)

nugarp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2024, 11:51:33 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Mario Kart 8 & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed with Wheel2Xinput
« on: September 08, 2022, 11:29:49 pm »
Since Mario Kart GP/GPDX have extreme rubberbanding issues, and Sonic All-Stars Racing does not work with networking, I was pleasantly surprised to recently find out that you can play MK8DX (Switch) over LAN on Yuzu, and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PC) over LAN with Goldberg, but the controls felt pretty off, so I had written some software to help with mappings -- and maybe I should have posted in this forum instead of Software for visibility, but I wrote some mapping software to get controls to feel good if you need to use XInput for your devices - supports multiple input devices and keyboards and has a ton of flexibility to do many -> many mappings if needed, and various conditions and modifiers for the mapping sources and targets. http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,166939.0.html

I'm doing things like adjusting wheel linearity/deadzone/anti-deadzone (x360ce can do these already), but I also have additional things such as with MK8DX, if you push the brake, the kart drifts - until you hit it at 90%+ pressure - then it drift brakes. I'm sure that there are other quality of life mappings that people may want, but you do have full flexibility of converting analog->analog, analog->digital, digital->analog, and digital->digital signals with not just one->one, but also many->many mappings. It does not support combinations of inputs going to one or more outputs. It also supports FFB and rumble redirection.

It seems to work for Team Sonic Racing as well, but that game doesn't seem as fun as SASRT (though one could argue a driving game is indeed better suited for wheels versus...flying a plane).

Hope (1) anyone else who was interested in MK8DX or SASRT now knows that it is possible to play and enjoy these games with wheels (and network them), and (2) the software helps others.
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube

holmes

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2024, 05:07:22 pm
Re: Mario Kart 8 & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed with Wheel2Xinput
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 01:53:00 pm »
Hotshot Racing can also be played in LAN with Goldberg Emulator. A good way to still have fun in multiplayer while official on-line gaming is dead.

nugarp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2024, 11:51:33 pm
Re: Mario Kart 8 & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed with Wheel2Xinput
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 06:05:34 pm »
Hotshot Racing can also be played in LAN with Goldberg Emulator. A good way to still have fun in multiplayer while official on-line gaming is dead.

It can. Funny that you mention it because I just posted my wheel<->stick sensitivity settings in the other thread for it. It's good fun except for FFB doesn't work on one of my machines, but it works on the other four, and I can't figure out why :banghead:

As a side note I've also included my entire settings for MK8/Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed/Riptide GP2/Hotshot Racing & Team Sonic Racing in the v0.1.3 examples folder, which I've also now uploaded to the software forum.
Wheel2XInput | HDRecoil | LeaderLamps | NetLauncher | Discord | Youtube