Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Old School Mamewah help.  (Read 2747 times)

killbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 03:18:07 pm
  • When I die, I want to go to arcade heaven!
Old School Mamewah help.
« on: June 25, 2021, 10:41:16 pm »
Hey Guys,

Had someone over playing on my cab and they must have hit a certain combination of buttons because now all my MAME game titles are showing up as the rom name, not the game title, in Mamewah.

I built it so long ago, I can't remember what to do to fix this in Mamewah.
Any help from you fellow old school guys would be very appreciated.
Thanks
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 10:43:41 pm by killbill »

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:41:24 am
Re: Old School Mamewah help.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2021, 02:33:32 am »
No backups?

You can generate your lists within the MameWAH menu interface by bringing up the options. By default you press P2 Start to bring up the options menu and there is a "Gamelist Options" item. You can use that to switch to other lists, generate lists and add/remove games from the lists.

You should generate the "All Games" list first, then and other lists you might have like "Favourites", "Classics", "Vertical", "Beat em up", "Shmups" etc

MameWAH has problems with generating lists from later versions of mame (is to do with the xml file format), although there is a version floating around where the issue has been fixed. Sorry for being vague, I can't remember all the details either, it has been a year or so since I redid my own Mamewah lists. If MameWAH won't generate lists for you, a 3rd party list generator like ROMlister can help.
Check out my completed projects!

killbill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 03:18:07 pm
  • When I die, I want to go to arcade heaven!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 03:42:14 am »
Hey Zebidee, thanks for the info. Yeah, I think I'm running MAME .79, so it shouldn't be an xml problem. That kid did something, he must have switched a setting in Mamewah by mistake. Weird.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:41:24 am
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2021, 04:18:42 am »
"Kids" can break anything, probably did it by accessing the gamelist options menu like I described above.

You can probably lock it out somehow but I've never bothered myself. Once you sort it out, keep a backup of your MameWAH directory in case it happens again.
Check out my completed projects!