Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Arachnid 6300 dart board help  (Read 5061 times)

Romeo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2017, 02:27:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arachnid 6300 dart board help
« on: February 08, 2017, 09:42:05 pm »
I have had a Arachnid super 6 plus II for a few years. I haven't played it in a long time, until I moved it to a new location in the house and now the top half of the dart board doesn't register hits. I was cruising blogs and most people pointed at the matrix went bad. So I bought a "working" used one on Ebay. Put the "new" super spider in and the same sections of the board do not register hits still. I removed the sections of the board to make sure they all moved freely. Put the whole thing back together and still not registering the same hits in sections. I need help or advice on what to look at next. I made my profile so you should be able to just send me a direct email. Thanks for the help.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 11, 2024, 11:02:52 pm
  • Bitches love Centipede
Re: Arachnid 6300 dart board help
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:50:20 am »
Reseat all your connectors.
%Bartop

Romeo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 11:58:47 pm »
Is reseating all the connectors going to fix my problem? I don't have a problem doing that but I will not be able to do it for a day or so until I get back home and get a chance to take it all back out. I'm just trying to figure out the logic in how reseating the connectors works? I will do it and then get back on here and post my results.
Thanks, not trying to sound like I know anything at all, just thinking....

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 05:59:38 pm »
Connectors can become loose during moving. I run dart leagues in my town on 16 boards. 95% off all the issue I ever had with them was loose connectors after moving them. Not saying this will fix your problem for sure. But it's a good place to start, especially since you've said you already swapped the matrix out once and still have the same problem... FYI, you can't post a problem in a few sentences on the internet, and expect to get a definite fix for your issue. You need to troubleshoot your problem, and if you don't follow the basic troubleshooting steps, you could overlook a simple problem that costs nothing to fix and end up buying parts you don't need.
%Bartop

jimmyfloyd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2020, 12:30:21 pm
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 01:08:45 am »
Agreed that there are many troubleshooting steps you can do. The Manual is available online and shows many troubleshooting steps. One I would suggest is unplugging the matrix itself and trying to test the board itself. There is a matrix in the manual that shows which pins to jump together to test specific board values. Doing this will tell you if the problem is on the board, or with the matrix and dart head.

If your matrix turns out to not be the issue, I may be interested in your spare one, depending on price.

Romeo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 10:07:24 pm »
Reseating the connectors fixed my issues! You sir are a genius. Thank you.
Another quick question I've seen on here is about the double bull feature, I have the inserts but they are smaller than the single bull and does not stay in the board, is there a sleeve or adapter that keeps it in the board?

As for the next responder in the blog apparently I do not need the extra matrix, I paid $88 on eBay.

Nephasth

• Offline Offline
  • Bitches love Centipede
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 11:55:25 pm »
Glad it worked out for you! :cheers:

First flag was only half the board worked. Second and biggest red flag was a new matrix exhibited the same problem. As far as double bull goes... You can't just put in a double bull assembly and call it good. The matrix has to be double bull compatible, and there is probably a dip switch or something to enable it. But if your new double assembly doesn't fit, it's not the right one.
%Bartop

jimmyfloyd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2020, 12:30:21 pm
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 06:18:56 pm »
To better understand what you are working with, since the 6000-6300 series had several varients, can you answer these questions:

1) does your spider have 1 connector with 19 pins going into the small target interface, or 3 connectors? Assuming 1, due to the fact it cost $88 (been watching that one)

2) What version of the software do you have? It would be labelled on the chip.

3) Does the dart head have the wide yellow spider or the thin one? The wide one will have segments that have little + on them, andI believe the Double Bull will as well. The thin spider will have little bumps along the edge, but not in the middle area. The double bull from the thin spider will NOT fit into the the wide spider. Sounds like you might have an older double bull segment and a newer spider, or you have a double bull segment from another brand.

4) If you have added the double bull matrix yourself, then you may need to enable it if the board does not have it.

Here is a link to the PDF about going from the regular think spider to the newer thin super spider: http://arcarc.xmission.com/PDF_Darts/Arachnid/Arachnid_Service_Tip_Super%20Spider_(8-16-1993).pdf