Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Makvision M2929 and ActLab vga lightgun  (Read 2172 times)

TapeWormInYourGut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:42:56 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Makvision M2929 and ActLab vga lightgun
« on: May 17, 2016, 07:43:45 pm »
Hello everyone, I searched a bit but didn't see anyone using the VGA ActLab gun on the SVGA MakVision monitor. I got a set of ActLab guns off of ebay and I now plan on modifying some arcade guns with the guts of the ActLab guns. I want to make a dedicated lightgun cab and am looking at the MakVision SVGA monitor. Does anyone have the same setup who can verify that those 2 work together, using a standard videocard and not the ArcadeVGA card? I don't want to spend such a large chunk of change on the M2929 only to find out that there are problems getting it to work.

I modified some recoil arcade guns with aimtraks, but I am a bit unhappy with the calibration requirements. The aimtraks are great when playing alone, but require calibration every time you hand the gun off. Or even moving over a foot would throw off the calibration. Re-calibration requires you to exit to the desktop, run the routine, and then restart the game. It is a bit annoying when playing in a party, where you switch off frequently with other people.

Argonlefou made a "DemulShooter" utility which looks like it could allow 2-player using the ActLab guns. Previously, dual "real" lightguns were a pain outside of mame. A dedicated cab was out of the question before, but now I am thinking that it is worth it.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149714.msg1563085.html#msg1563085