Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: "Arcade Tournament" iPhone/iPad App  (Read 1876 times)

cejay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2012, 05:05:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
"Arcade Tournament" iPhone/iPad App
« on: November 27, 2012, 05:27:51 am »
Hi all pinball/arcade fans,

We have released our first iPhone/iPod app called "Arcade Tournament". (iPad version coming soon!) This concept was born out of a need to help our local pinball scene with running social tournaments. Basically pen and paper sucked.. and spreadsheet was too cumbersome. It is geared towards backyard/games room/man cave tournaments so I hope you all get involved!! :)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arcade-tournament/id580008840?ls=1&mt=8

It integrates with Facebook and allows you to manage home or commercial gaming tournaments from your iOS device and post results to Facebook.

It also allows you to track your personal high scores.

Visit http://www.metalballsolid.com for updates and screen shots and please like our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/metalballsolid

Thanks!!

MBS

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
Re: "Arcade Tournament" iPhone/iPad App
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 12:58:28 pm »

Nice!

Head over to Aurcade.com and check out what they have done.  It's a magnificent large scale ipad driven database engine for tournaments.  ACAM uses it at the annual Funspot tournament and many others do as well.  It's very very well done and really streamlines some of the largest and oldest major gaming tournaments out there.

cejay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 04:37:51 pm »
Thanks for the info Chad.  I hadn't heard of these guys before.

I can't find any details on their ipad app.. is it native ipad or simply a web database built to display on an ipad browser?

I have plans to implement other tournament types.. like elimination/knock-out etc.. more as a bit of fun to set up a quick tournament at small meets with a bunch of friends.  The emphasis being on quick and easy and then bragging your win or high score on Facebook to all your pinball/arcade mates.

Cheers,

Chris

ChadTower

• Chief Kicker - Nobody's perfect, including me. Fantastic body.
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2022, 12:01:54 pm
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 04:47:24 pm »

The Aurcade system isn't available for general home use.  Not yet, anyway.  It's for events run at public locations.  The database is on a central server accessed from any number of what I believe are Ipad optimized web forms.  It works incredibly well and has easily been handling several thousand submissions a day during an event. 

cejay

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 05:06:05 pm »
No worries, thanks for the info Chad. :)