Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A question about setting up controls in MaLa  (Read 1638 times)

ArcadeSeeker962

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2012, 09:58:05 am
  • Yes, a fighting snow man does exist!
A question about setting up controls in MaLa
« on: May 03, 2012, 05:08:05 pm »
I downloaded the latest version of MaLa(along with MAME and the ROM's), and I like the ability to customize the layouts. I read the wiki, but I'm still a little confused on how to do a few things.

1). I set it up at full-screen, and I had a hard time trying to exit the program, so I had to turn off my computer in order to exit the program. What keys on the keyboard do I press when the "quit MaLa?" option comes up on the screen to exit the program?

2). I noticed that it said in the Wiki that in order to adjust the controls of MaLa,  I had to bring up the config file. However, I'm having a hard time trying to find that as well. Can it only be accessed during the installation process of MaLa?

Vigo

• the Scourage of Carpathia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2024, 08:20:28 am
Re: A question about setting up controls in MaLa
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:39:59 pm »
1) I want to say it is the number 1, which is the mame default for player 1 start.

2) You can right click the screen when Mala is open. In that pop up window, there should be an options selection. That will pull up the box that was open during the installation process. Just about everything you need to do in Mala is in that options pop up. I think there is a controls tab with sub tabs for Keyboard/Joysticks, and you can just enter in joystick and keyboard controls there.

ArcadeSeeker962

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2012, 09:58:05 am
  • Yes, a fighting snow man does exist!
Re: A question about setting up controls in MaLa
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 07:13:32 pm »
Thank you Vigo, both those tricks worked. I decided that I really like MaLa, and I decided that I'm going to include a layout that would look best with my MAME cabinet(once it's complete).   :)