Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: got my coin door all wired up to my ipac  (Read 1686 times)

gnat3y3

• Trade Count: (0)
got my coin door all wired up to my ipac
« on: July 26, 2002, 12:08:35 pm »
i used the mother board power supply and a really long HD powercable (the 4 wire kind) to power the lights, the coindoor already was all wired up when i got the cabinet, so i just used the existing wires and hooked them up to the ipac, and the 2 wires to the powere, now when i start the computer (from the keyboard on a mac) the coindoor lights turn on, and when you deposit coind you get credits in mame. of course i have credit buttons as well, but i like to be slick 8)

pics to follow this weekend, along with the new CP overlay attached, and the "instruction cards" mounted to the keyboard drawer.

this isnt a new announce as much as a hurrah for me figuring out how to wire the power from the mac successfully 8)

jelloslug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2005, 03:55:59 pm
  • Splut!
    • Jelloslugs Arcade
Re:got my coin door all wired up to my ipac
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 12:36:06 pm »
if you deside to put more 12 volt lights or lighted pushbuttons in you cab (like I have) you might want to get a distribution block for the 12 volt stuff.  This lets you hook the power fromt the power supply to the block and they you have several extra places to hool other lights to without running a bunch of cables from the power supply to each light.  Plus it looks really professional.