Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Coin Slot Mechs.  (Read 1860 times)

Slice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 30, 2003, 05:06:43 am
  • I'll get there!!!
Coin Slot Mechs.
« on: July 26, 2002, 09:22:20 am »
Can anyone help me on this?
My Cabinet Coin Slot - Has what look like 2 coils/inductors maybe about a centimeter apart, the coins go past these and (Based on the size of the coin - I assume) a trap door type of thing opens and lets the coin fall into the money collector or alternatively rejects the coin by not opening the trap door.
It's controlled by a Credit Board called a SHEFRAS BLUE BOARD(From the UK). To this I have all the DIP Swich settings for type of coin etc.
Now my problem - We switched from our old currency to Euro coins at Christmas. Can anyone tell me if my summary of the workings of this device is right and would anyone have any idea's how to do a currency change on such a unit?  :-\

jelloslug

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2005, 03:55:59 pm
  • Splut!
    • Jelloslugs Arcade
Re:Coin Slot Mechs.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 12:28:15 pm »
Unless it has a setting for Euros you will probably have to buy a new controller for it (or very least a new chip).  Another solution is to replace the mechs with mechanical ones if you coindoor will support them (most mech are modular and almost an mech will fit any door).  You can get mechanical ones for almost nothing off of ebay and there easy to modify to other coin sizes.