Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Started by flybynight - Last post by njz3

Am I understanding correctly that this is really just a software/firmware matter? So we can just download updates as they become available? Reprogram the VideoAmp via the Windows utility?
I am not sure I can answer to this, as the work to be done for on-the-fly reload is mainly on the computer side and as said before, it may have a massive impact on the OS to reload the EDID even if it has only a few modelines.
On Windows 11, it takes a few seconds to reload an EDID with a few videomodes. I can't tell for Linux and MacOS.
On the other hand, once Windows has loaded the modelines, changing resolutions is rather quick.

In any case, being able to plug-and-play with 10-20 programmable video modes is pretty awesome. As you say, a lot cheaper than a GroovyMister setup.
It maybe cheaper and easier to use, but be more limited than crt emudriver or the groovymister (I can't tell since I do not own a groovymister).
Regarding the number of videomodes. The board can actually store a lot of modelines, but unfortunatly the OS and the GPU driver may not handle all of them.
On Windows 11 with an RTX2060 for example, I cannot get more than 50 modelines to be read (interlaced resolutions are not accepted).

Depending on your use case, this may be enough. Let's say you plan to play a PS2 emulator and preload an EDID with the needed videomodes for PS2 (maybe 20x including interlaced) that covers all games, then you may load this into the videoamp and perform an EDID reload just before loading the emulator. And if the emulator supports it, you could even dynamically switch between progressive and interlaced video modes in game, in a second.
Something tested in the first post is to prepare a list of 30-50 modelines to cover arcade 15kHz MAME games. Then you load this into the VideoAmp before starting GroovyMAME. Unfortunatly it seems like GroovyMAME/swtichres does not know how to switch dynamically between available monitor resolutions in Windows and pick only the currently used.

I'm looking forward to your next batch coming out, and PM'd you and Bandicoot to put my name on the list already. Please let me know when ready, I want to test with GreenAntz RGB to Component/YPbPr transcoders.
Confirm you are on the list for next batch.

Also, there is a very interesting pages that you can read:
https://nyanpasu64.gitlab.io/blog/crt-modeline-cvt-interlacing/
https://www.geocities.ws/podernixie/htpc/modes-en.html

12   Everything Else / Re: RIP - The Dead Celebrity Threadon Today at 03:10:26 am

Started by Ginsu Victim - Last post by Zebidee

Absolutely INSANE what they are asking for cardboard and rat feces these days.

Yeah, but those are *free range* rats, no cages anywhere.

Started by Boomslang - Last post by jorgenjl2

:tool:
Hope this video helps:

This helped but doing more testing I was able to tell that installing the tap software you mentioned first and THEN the OpenVPN version you mentioned (instead of the order you showed) makes it so only one tap adapter is installed. So now everything makes sense as to why it seemed like you were being so rude about steps that were necessary (but not if we do it this way instead). I am also glad you sent the video because it appears that adding the wintun adapter checkbox to the properties of the bridge (and not just the Ethernet and tap adapter that I renamed “mameX”) got rid of a lot of the cars bouncing. I tested that wintun before uninstalling/reinstalling with this new order method. I only tested two races but at least it seemed that way. It seems really good now but I need to get more people to test my four player racers. The only thing I don’t have of yours is the “Open VPN Data Channel Offload” adapter but not sure that would help a ton or not. 

Attached is what my 4th player pc adapters look like now for example now that I used that install order and rebooted after having it setup. I just agree that we should use the versions you posted along with mostly what the OG instructions say to do (just with these updated versions and not the order of your previous post).

14   Everything Else / Re: RIP - The Dead Celebrity Threadon Today at 12:40:06 am

Started by Ginsu Victim - Last post by Zakk

Yeah, thanks to that lying ---fudgesicle--- there’s never enough French fries anymore.  “Thanks”

:timebomb:

At $40 per happy meal, kind of a moot point how much they put in em.

Absolutely INSANE what they are asking for cardboard and rat feces these days.

15   Everything Else / Re: The Ramblings of the BYOAC Insane!on Yesterday at 11:40:44 pm

Started by GGKoul - Last post by Zakk

Hey, anyone know where the cheesecake thread went?  :duckhunt

Started by Shaddycat - Last post by Shaddycat

Hey all,

I've got a Ridge Racer cabinet that I just inherited.  Hasn't been on for a while.  Just got it spun up and it seems to have a bit of a pincushion issue.  The sides are collapsed in a fair little bit.  I can't seem to spot a pincushion pot on it anywhere though.  I also haven't had any luck identifying this monitor to find any sort of schematics or manual.  I am pretty sure this is not the same monitor that came with the cabinet originally.  Can anyone please help me identify this monitor and maybe point me in the direction of fixing the pincushion issue?

https://imgur.com/a/tFQeLBM - Images of the chassis + the pincushion issue.

Started by jeremymtc - Last post by jeremymtc

Thanks all. Feels nice to be able to call it done!

Indeed, javeryh, woodgrain and black rattlecan doing a lot of heavy lifting  :lol   :cheers:

Started by geecab - Last post by xfassa

After being away from this project for several years, I was thrilled to see it is still being developed.  Amazing stuff Geecab!  Nice to see others sharing their projects too.  I did a complete overhaul on my mini (new artwork, deep cleaning of cabinet/hardware, and updated computer).  I hope share some pics soon.

As I jump back into this project, I am revisiting an issue that I was never able to resolve.  Randomly, while steering left or right, the car will abruptly jump in the direction you turn.  Its almost like the wheel isn't registering and all of a sudden catches up and shoots the car off the road.  I will provide some video soon to better explain.  Just curious if anyone else has seen this problem.  I have attached my steering wheel to at least 5 different brands of spinner knobs, everyone does the same thing.   It's really odd....

I was going to test on my linux machine but I cant figure out how to get the dual displays (game and scoreboard).  I was hoping to see if it was a windows thing.  Looking forward to the the latest linux release.  :-)

All that said, this is just an amazing remake that lets me revisit one of my childhood favorites.  I can't thank you enough Geecab.

Started by jeremymtc - Last post by javeryh

What a great project! Woodgrain laminate is such a nice looking solution.  :cheers:

20   Main Forum / Re: Golden tee stop workingon Yesterday at 05:28:00 pm

Started by Encryptedmind - Last post by xwhizx

I did that - no POST. Using HDMI connection from the board. Don't have a VGA monitor. Not sure if that makes a difference. I was able to use a screwdriver to jumper it to start so the fans all spin but nothing appears on the monitor itself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10