Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by shponglefan - Last post by pbj

Pwnt

Started by xybot - Last post by xybot

I just updated the control panel with some cool silver metallic chrome colored diamond plate and wanted to share in case anyone but me ever reads this post :) It's nice and thick at 11 mil so no worries about air bubbles. Cut with an X-acto knife and a t-square and applied right over the gold plate on the panel. Poked through the holes with my X-acto and cut around the edges. Pushed the buttons in to create dimples for the pegs, then poked holes with an awl. Easy install and turned out looking great!

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by TheRetroCarrot

Aha, I didn't think the bezel was supposed to be fitted when you rotate the screen. I figured you would just rest it on the screen area and gravity would hold it in place after a rotation of the screen. If you remove it between rotations it should be less complicated to fill the gaps, right?

Originally I thought about just having it on dowels and you pop it off every time, but I know if I had it like that I'd never bother rotating it. It's such a large unwieldy panel every time I moved it during the build I was liable to smash it on things and ding up the edges. The goal with this was to have it rotate with 1 finger and back up and running in less than 30 seconds.

The only thing that's kept me hesitant against rubber moldings like that is that if a tiny chunk of dirt gets in there it would probably be instant scratched bezel. It's cabinet paint which is supposed to be fairly durable, but I don't entirely trust any water cleanup product for durability.

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by Zebidee

Maybe some auto "trim" for sealing windows will do the job. It comes in a bunch of varieties, and often comes with adhesive already. It is relatively cheap. Available through most popular online shopping platforms. Suggested starting search terms: "car window rubber sealing strip auto glass".

I used some in my Aussie lowboy, between the hinged metal control panel and the front glass. On one side It has a cup shape which slips over the metal edge of the control panel, and the other side is a flexible curve that rests gently against the glass when the control panel is clamped down. It looks neat and tidy, has flexibility, easy to trim and apply, and being black (usually) you will barely notice it around the bezel area.

If anybody has an idea for a material to fill the gap I'd love to hear it. The weather stripping sweeps tend to be a lot stiffer than I'd want, I need something very soft and flexible enough to allow the screen to rotate in and out without being scratched.

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by emphatic

Aha, I didn't think the bezel was supposed to be fitted when you rotate the screen. I figured you would just rest it on the screen area and gravity would hold it in place after a rotation of the screen. If you remove it between rotations it should be less complicated to fill the gaps, right?

Started by shponglefan - Last post by fallacy

Sony may also come to their senses at some point.  At they scale they produce things, it would be hard to sell me on the idea that they lose money at the price these are being offered at.  And the more they sell, the quicker they get a return on their tooling and setup investment, and the quicker they can start dropping the price to bring more PS5 owners into the VR fold.

When Sony was asked about potential PC compatibility, the answer was supposedly a vague "PSVR2 was made for the Playstation5", which doesn't exactly sound like a "never gonna happen".  I guess we will see eventually.

Called it.

But also not really, he says it  will still need a PS5. The PS5 will use a steam software as a receiver from your pc to play the game…Which by the way will make your games look like ---steaming pile of meadow muffin---. This video is over 2 months old and I still have not heard any updates.

Only reason this is happening if it ever does is because the playstation VR was and is a failure.

Started by TheRetroCarrot - Last post by yamatetsu

Velcro tape (the soft part, not the one with the hooks)?

Started by steved61 - Last post by steved61

1 Sinden Lightgun with Recoil and Holster       $175.00

2 Aimtracs Lightguns with Recoil, Holsters and Power Supply  175.00 Each  or Both for $300.00

Paypal Only

10   Project Announcements / Re: Project Too Big and Spinnyon Today at 11:19:01 am

Here's a visual for brainstorming. I'm sure there is a perfect material for this I'm not thinking of. Just needs to be flexible, snap back, and most importantly not scratch the finish on the bezel.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10