Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by Toasty833 - Last post by greymatr

It's also hard to get a good view of when my headset is so far away from the actual playspace, can't get the controllers to hit the buttons a mile in the air.

Do you know about the desktop mode of OVIE?

If you go into:

C:\Program Files\OpenVR-InputEmulator

there is a batch file called startdesktopmode.bat

That will bring OVIE up on the desktop. That is how I've been using it

Edit 2: Tried restarting SteamVR, and it seems like the pose data is back to the initial set so I can keep working on my calibration. It might've changed slightly, I'll see if it stays consistent through resets and over play sessions. As long as it's the same on boot every time it should work fine though.

I saw this edit too, so I hope that it will work. Let me know how you go

Started by Toasty833 - Last post by Toasty833

There is a variable I'm using that is for standing and the other options are for sitting or raw and uncalibrated. I think I thought standing would work for a normal room setup so chose that.
I think I'm using standing too. OVIE works fine for remapping my tracker position, so who knows.

If you save the coords, then replay them and then save them again while replaying. And then replay that save, is it still printing out the same coords on is it changing around?
Yeah, they change. If I manually adjust the coords they change too, by saving with my headset inverted I got kind of close and have been manually dialing it in by adjusting and comparing.

Also you can use OVIE offsets to try to do the correction, I found you can change the numbers by typing them in so that saves pressing the + / - buttons
I worry that this will have the same offset issue so I haven't tried it yet, maybe I will for fine tuning when I get a good alignment. It's also hard to get a good view of when my headset is so far away from the actual playspace, can't get the controllers to hit the buttons a mile in the air.

Edit: Tried it out by adjusting yaw, but it sent the new saved coords off into the stratosphere again. Manually adjusting the vrdeskHMD pose is what works for me, so I'm going to stick with it. Didn't know about the desktop mode though, I might try that out in the future.

Are you using a vive still? Maybe the offsets are different for Index and other lighthouse HMDs.

Actually I remembered that my vive had a problem, the hdmi part of the 3 in 1 long cable isn't working. I can get the headset to work if I snake a hdmi cable in there so I know it's just the cable. But I remembered that I had a Pimax HMD and that also works on lighthouse so I've been using it.

I don't really think the headset should matter that much as the values should still come out the same but I could be wrong. But the room setup may affect it, are you using a room setup or like a sitting mode or something else?

There is a variable I'm using that is for standing and the other options are for sitting or raw and uncalibrated. I think I thought standing would work for a normal room setup so chose that.

When I save coords, they replay as upside down and in the floor.

If you save the coords, then replay them and then save them again while replaying. And then replay that save, is it still printing out the same coords on is it changing around?

Probably best to open two cmd prompts and run the commands so you can see all the outputs.

Also you can use OVIE offsets to try to do the correction, I found you can change the numbers by typing them in so that saves pressing the + / - buttons

Started by Toasty833 - Last post by Toasty833

Great stuff. As of right now, the program kind of works for me. When I save coords, they replay as upside down and in the floor. But, I can mess with the values to potentially align the false values with the true world values through trial and error, and then it might work for calibration. Are you using a vive still? Maybe the offsets are different for Index and other lighthouse HMDs.

Edit: Well, I was getting close, and then all the pose information just randomly changed on me, it was consistent for about half an hour. Where I was seeing the screen straight ahead became about 90 degrees to the right. Maybe it's some kind of issue with my setup. I'll mess with it more tomorrow.

Edit 2: Tried restarting SteamVR, and it seems like the pose data is back to the initial set so I can keep working on my calibration. It might've changed slightly, I'll see if it stays consistent through resets and over play sessions. As long as it's the same on boot every time it should work fine though.

5   Project Announcements / Re: Making PC Engine HuCardson Today at 10:48:26 am

Started by pbj - Last post by pbj

Maybe it’s time to play around with surface mount, but figured I may as well start using up these EPROMs I’ve been staring at for months.

Started by saint - Last post by pbj

Unabated

I've got something to work now. I had been trying to get it to work with the OVIE overlay/desktop program but I couldn't work out how to change the UI. They use Qt which I'm unfamiliar with and it sent me in circles.

So I ended up modifying the client_commandline program and the driver instead.

You will need to copy the driver_00vrinputemulator.dll into the steam folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\drivers\00vrinputemulator\bin\win64

I would rename the one that will be in there.

Then with the program I have made two batch files, save.bat and replay.bat

The commands they run are:

client_commandline savepose 0 vrdeskHMD.txt

and

client_commandline replaypose 0 vrdeskHMD.txt

0 is always the device ID of the HMD and the filename can be changed.

Use save.bat to get the current position and rotation of the HMD and put it in the txt file. Then replay.bat will use that and start the driver replaying the saved pos/rot. It will do so until a key is pressed

OVIE can be used to enable offsets after the replay.bat is replaying. But only the last set of values, i.e. "Driver Offsets" should be changed. This will allow for some adjustments. Keep in mind they won't do anything to Virtual Desktop unless you hit the orientation button (or F4 key).

You can save the position again with the offsets being enabled by running save.bat but make sure replay.bat is still running when you do. After that you can disable the offsets, stop replay.bat and then run it again when you want

Started by silmalik - Last post by psakhis

Oh thanks!
It seems that win7 is a little more picky than win10 when it comes to releasing memory.

9   GroovyMAME / Re: emu4crt Mednafen mod - update 1.26.1on Yesterday at 11:27:59 pm

Started by silmalik - Last post by reeone

thx,resolved!

10   Driving & Racing Cabinets / Re: Roadblasters MAME Controlson Yesterday at 07:43:43 pm

Started by Drakkorcia - Last post by PL1

There is one analog pedal in the MAME controls which I assumed was throttle, but when the game started it acted as a brake and the car auto accelerated.
Yes, the pedal is for throttle.

Go into the MAME Analog Controls menu and change the pedal 1 reverse setting.

Scott
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10