Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Started by flybynight - Last post by frankrizzo2

Thanks for the solution! I'll give it a shot next time I turn the machine on.

2   Lightguns / Re: Big GUN4IR announcements!on Today at 08:16:11 pm

Started by JayBee - Last post by JayBee

<last reserved space for later announcements>

3   Lightguns / Re: Big GUN4IR announcements!on Today at 08:15:39 pm

<Reserved for yet other later announcements>

4   Lightguns / Re: Big GUN4IR announcements!on Today at 08:14:55 pm

<Reserved for later announcements>

5   Lightguns / Big GUN4IR announcements!on Today at 08:14:11 pm

Big announcement for GUN4IR!

With many people now owning and enjoying GUN4IR, we can move forward with the next step for our system. New firmware and hardware options!

Our diamond style IR LEDs setup have always been the best in terms of accuracy and distance to the display, but we’ve heard the community’s cries for the older "legacy" styles.
Moving forward, with gun4ir you can expect support for 2 or 4 led points using:
•    Sensor bars
•    Rectangle shape and LEDs in the corners
•    And of course, our own diamond shape is still fully supported and encouraged

When using the legacy shapes and bars, you will lose accuracy/stability and generally need to have greater distance to your display, but we understand some users can’t install the GUN4IR diamond shape on their setup and are fine with the trade off.
Since it will be using the same powerful GUN4IR code that has been perfected over years of real world testing and user feedback, you can rest assured you will have the best support for any setup.

The best part? You will not need to buy new hardware for your existing GUN4IR lightguns or modify them in any way. They’re already compatible!

This next firmware will also come with several new features and improvements that have been announced/discussed before such as:
•    Full analog stick support
•    Improved feedback handling
•    More feedback options
•    More button options
•    Linux GUI support
•    And a lot of other surprises 😉

Coming this summer!

We want to thank this awesome community for sticking with us, GUN4IR has always been a passion project and could not have reached this level without your support.

As always, to keep up to date with GUN4IR, the best places are here and our Discord server: https://discord.gg/muCdu3b4hH

Stay tuned for the next big announcement!

6   Everything Else / Re: Vintage Radio restorationon Today at 08:10:44 pm

Started by DaOld Man - Last post by danny_galaga

Doesn't matter that it's basic internally. It still no doubt has bits and pieces to restore/replace. Bakelite knobs for instance. I totally dig it da old man. And I agree the forum format is best for these hobbies. Don't of anything of hand though.

Started by Semper Why - Last post by thatpurplestuff

This is a very thoughtful gift and it turned out great!  Love the custom speaker grills.  Awesome work!

8   GroovyMAME / Re: Groovymame Random Stutteron Today at 05:36:59 pm

Started by trev1976 - Last post by trev1976

OK,  if I was going to upgrade what would people recommend without paying a fortune ?

Also could I just swap out the CPU/MB and Ram easily without too much faffing around ?

Thanks

9   GroovyMAME / Re: Groovymame Random Stutteron Today at 05:10:40 pm

Started by trev1976 - Last post by trev1976

Hi

I used to run groovymame on a e8500 4gb and XP and I never had any performance issues running CPS2 but this system Q9550 (now OC'ed to 3.4ghz) 4gb and Win 10 I'm having stutters with CPS2 , I thought these specs would be fine for mame.

This is a bummer , I was running flycast earlier and that seemed fine too.

10   GroovyMAME / Re: Groovymame Random Stutteron Today at 03:32:14 pm

Started by trev1976 - Last post by makya

Not surprising since mame is usually the most demanding emulator for any given rom. I'm also not able to run games like Guwange perfectly smooth, on an Intel E8400.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10