Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

1   Main Forum / Re: New Mame Arcade Questionson Today at 02:54:41 am

Started by faulkkev - Last post by bobbyb13

A new spinner from Ultimarc can be bought with a separate board that will plug directly into a PCs USB port.
Works great.  Have two myself.
If using a trackball also, then that separate USB connection for your spinner becomes absolutely necessary so your I/O board doesn't mix/blend inputs on you.

A TurboTwist2 from GroovyGameGear comes with its own interface board and cabling also.
Bonus is the GGG version is made to be used with a trackball also without any concern of input interference and so would save some $$ if using both in the same cabinet.
You'll have to decide if you kind of start over with your interface plans.

And my 2 cents (shared by many here I believe) is that consoles and arcade machines have controls that just don't cross over well.  Really different animals.

But a great excuse for a second build for console games- maybe even with a MiSTer!

Started by bobbyb13 - Last post by bobbyb13

Anybody have one they don't need and would be willing to part with?
Divemaster carries them.
http://www.arcadeemulator.net/cgi-bin/shop/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F3302900&rnd=6907118&rrc=N&affl=&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=49-Way+Joystick&cat=Joysticks&catstr=HOME:Joysticks

Check out u_rebelscum's page here for technical info about 49-way sticks.

If you need a 49-way encoder, GGG carries this one and this one.

Scott

Thank you as always for the reply Scott!
I had forgotten about that brilliant stick breakdown from u_rebelscum.

I'm using a Jrok board for this cabinet and I believe only a Williams 49 will work.

If only I could use a Happ 49 in this instance (since I have two of those  :) )
Or if I was smart enough to be able to build a board to invert all the outputs from my Happ (apparently they are the antithesis of each other) and then build a proper harness to plug into the Jrok then maybe I could use it?!

I know the rubber centering scenario is quite different between the two but after 35 years of not playing Sinistar I could never tell the difference myself I'm sure.

I have wanted to try using the Happ version as a regular stick in a MAME cabinet though so maybe I will finally get to that after all of this.
 :lol

Started by Bdunp - Last post by abispac

I was trying to figure out which port to enable edid emulation on since im running dvi-i adaptor to hdmi to my BenQ monitor. So I enabled edid emulation on the dvi option and then the HDMI option and it blacked out my monitor. It looks like I can access the bios when I turn the computer on but straight after that my screen goes black, ive tried all ports on my monitor, two GPUs and my onboard motherboard ports, nothing has worked. Is there anyway to fix this through the bios or motherboard menu when I boot up the PC. I was so close to finally getting it and then this happens. :'(
If you dont see anything after the bios, the yes, taking out your card and using the onboard or another card would be your only option, if you can acces the safe menu via f8 or shift f8, or unpluging your computer 3 times (windows 10 trick) then youmight be able to go back to where it worked. Good luck.

Started by Jimbo - Last post by abispac

This game reminded me of the Space Commander game someone wrote and it had credits functioning, its a nice game, it even works on 15khz. Also Pacapong, i added the coins function myself. So hopefully you can add such functio to yours. Nice game by the way Jimbo, thanks.

5   Main Forum / Re: New Mame Arcade Questionson Yesterday at 08:36:53 pm

Started by faulkkev - Last post by PL1

tonight i was wanting to setup my spinner but it has ps2 connector.  I don't see an option on my IO board for that so i suspect it was direct to a pc at some point.  i could get an adapter but wonder if replacing it would make sense then i believe i could wire it to my older IO board correct?  It is my understanding ipac4 will not deal with it and the io controllers is the spot.
If by "IO board" you mean your IPac4 encoder, then you are correct.
- The IPac4 does not support optical (spinner/trackball) inputs like the IPac2 or Mini-Pac.
- The Dupont pins on the IPac4 are only used at the factory to program the boards.

For your old Opti-Pac you can plug the PS2 into your PC, just like a mouse.
or
Get a PS2 to USB adapter (some adapters work, some don't, search this site or Ultimarc site for more info) and plug it into your PC, just like a mouse.
or
If neither of those options works, you can replace the old Opti-Pac.
The Optipac (on the left) is a much older optical encoder for the trackball.
- Your pic doesn't show if you have the cable to pass the serial/USB data to the computer from the upper left connector.
- As long as you have that cable and you can connect it to your computer and the trackball still controls the mouse cursor properly, you shouldn't need to replace the Optipac.
- If you do need to replace it, there are a variety of optical encoder options like Optipac, OptiWiz, or "roll-your-own" with an inexpensive Arduino Pro Micro.

Scott

Started by Jimbo - Last post by abispac

Well whatevers, I think Jimbo's game looks pretty cool, fun
I agree.

Started by bobbyb13 - Last post by PL1

Anybody have one they don't need and would be willing to part with?
Divemaster carries them.
http://www.arcadeemulator.net/cgi-bin/shop/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F3302900&rnd=6907118&rrc=N&affl=&cip=&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=49-Way+Joystick&cat=Joysticks&catstr=HOME:Joysticks

Check out u_rebelscum's page here for technical info about 49-way sticks.

If you need a 49-way encoder, GGG carries this one and this one.

Scott

8   Main Forum / Re: New Mame Arcade Questionson Yesterday at 07:36:49 pm

Started by faulkkev - Last post by Zebidee

Wiki on spinners:

http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/Spinners_and_Dials

There are different kinds of spinners, I'm no expert. To my understanding, at least some types of spinners can be treated simply like a mouse and nothing more needed. You may need a PS2-USB active adapter if your PC won't recognise it normally.

9   Everything Else / Re: DVD/Blu-ray ripping softwareon Yesterday at 07:16:14 pm

Started by BadMouth - Last post by shponglefan

I currently use MakeMKV to rip and then Handbrake to convert the MKV to m4v.

This is the best solution I found as well.

For DVDs I just use Handbrake, but for decoding Bluray, MakeMKV is needed.

10   Software Forum / Re: Mame and Restroarch Mapping on Arcadeon Yesterday at 07:11:03 pm

Started by faulkkev - Last post by faulkkev

I hope it can be done at least for some games. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10