Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: sorting games by genre etc  (Read 1104 times)

gazz292

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2022, 12:00:01 pm
sorting games by genre etc
« on: January 26, 2010, 05:50:32 pm »
i've only just got mala, been messing with mame on and off for years, but only ever used the mame32/ui version, thought the front end thing was too complicated,
now i'm kicking my self for thinking like that, tho i am now building a cab, so want/need to get away from the windows side of things.

anyhoo, i seem to remember a few years ago on mame32, i could sort the list of games by their type, genre i believe, but that dosent seem to work on mala,

i want to make up a few games lists, classics, favorites, shooters, platform etc, and also i want to make a list of all the adult games... not to hide them, to make them easier to find to play as they make me and my Gf laugh so much, also want to be able to get rid of all the mahjong type games.

is there something else i need to download to get the genre bit working on mala? or is that a mame thing and i'm asking in the wrong forum?

mr_doles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2014, 06:53:45 pm
  • nuff said
Re: sorting games by genre etc
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 07:12:14 pm »
I'd start with ROMLister .  Here is a small tutorial in the Mala Wiki , hey it even talks about ROMLister.  Or you can do it the old fashion way and use the Mala gamelist editor and add them by hand.