Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Hantarex polo 33 Dead Chasis board.  (Read 1234 times)

ZMB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2010, 07:46:29 pm
Hantarex polo 33 Dead Chasis board.
« on: December 16, 2009, 03:14:23 pm »
I have a Hantarex Polo 33 inch monitor that went down over the last weekend. There is an audible clicking sound that seems to be synonymous with the over load protection circuit kicking in. I metered the BU508A and get a .5v voltage drop in diode test when I meter from the B to C and B to E, leaving me to believe that the transistor is good. I found a bad cap (c181), but it was not shorted as it had a terrible ESR. I rang out the FBT and all pins rang out in perfect form so I do not expect the FBT to be the cause of the problems. With the yoke windings plugged in the B+ reads 60-90 VDC, but when they are disconnected I get a solid 138 VDC. I did find a cap of some sort that was mounted on the soldier side of the board to be broken off of its pad. It was mounted in between pin one of the FBT and Some Diodes mounted to some PCBs standing up (d147 I think). 

I am kinda stumped here as I have tested all of the caps via ESR meter and really only found one truly bad cap. I found a handful of possibly cracked/cold soldier pads and refilled them but I am still at the same place. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
ZMB
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 03:23:55 pm by ZMB »

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:21 am
Re: Hantarex polo 33 Dead Chasis board.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 06:28:40 pm »
are you getting HT with the deflection yoke unplugged?

ZMB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 14, 2010, 07:46:29 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 07:12:14 pm »
Okay, I found that diode 105 was shorted out and I replaced it. I now am getting high voltage and the screen is coming up, but is all white (Raster) and that is it. It is in a Golden Tee Showcase cabinet with some version of a Golden Tee Jamma board and I am getting game sounds so I know it is now the game and if I unplug the signal connector I loose any sort of hold that was there.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:21 am
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 03:17:32 am »
there is a lm chip on the neck card,if that is faulty that will give you the same issue