Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mp3 automatic tag software?  (Read 3494 times)

abispac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:02:09 pm
Mp3 automatic tag software?
« on: December 10, 2009, 09:18:26 pm »
Hey  guys, im trying to fix my mp3 collection because im planing to use  freebox in my jukebox, but i have over 25% of 250gb or 3000 albums that need to be fix on the id3 tags, i was looking for a piece of software that can look over my entire mp3 collection and tag only the albums that need to be tagged, if can do that based on the folder structure  , say tag the album based on the  folder name and tag the mp3 based on the mp3 file name that would be awsome, save me alot of time.... I been googlin for that piece of software, so far all i find you have to tag each album manualy, so i was wondering if someone can help me here. Thanks for any help.

drventure

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 06:53:06 pm
  • Laser Death Ray Bargain Bin! Make me an offer!
Re: Mp3 automatic tag software?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 10:06:24 pm »
Personally, I use JRiver Media Center. It's got fantastic tagging support, but it's not free.

Media Monkey looks pretty dang good for free though. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't say for sure.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:21:02 pm »
Personally, I use JRiver Media Center. It's got fantastic tagging support, but it's not free.

Media Monkey looks pretty dang good for free though. Haven't tried it yet, so I can't say for sure.
ill try jriver media cnter , thanks for the tip

Nacimroc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2015, 03:46:25 pm
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 09:45:42 pm »
I paid for a program called "Magic Mp3 tagger"! Great program! Had thousands of songs to sort out so this did it no problem in any order i wanted! e.g. artist-track-album or track-artist-genre etc etc etc!

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 09:23:33 am
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 09:08:41 pm »
if can do that based on the folder structure  , say tag the album based on the  folder name and tag the mp3 based on the mp3 file name that would be awsome, save me alot of time.... I been googlin for that piece of software, so far all i find you have to tag each album manualy, so i was wondering if someone can help me here. Thanks for any help.

I would try the software "Tag & Rename".
http://www.softpointer.com/tr.htm

I use it extensively, and there is a function called "Get tags from filenames".  You can use that to create the tag from your filename and folder structure.  There's a screenshot here:

If you get it, and have problem with the syntax, post an example of your folder and filename structure here, and I will help ya.

Once you get the tags all sorted out, you are gonna  LOVE Freebox.
FJ

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 04:06:23 am »
As FJ said Tag&Rename is your best bet IMHO the demo is good for 30 days which should be enough time to get you up and running.

abispac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 03:49:51 pm »
Tag and rename does good job, thanks guys for the help.

mwong168

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 28, 2019, 11:38:54 am
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 01:35:09 pm »
How can you clear the ID3v1 tags?  Right now I able to do it in Tag and Rename in the "Multi File Tag Editor" tab but it is very tedious.  I tried selecting all mp3's and clicking on the "Remove Tags" buttons but I still have to right click on each mp3 and select "Edit File Tag", click on "Remove Tag" and then "Save and Next Button".

Also be nice after I clean out all the incorrect and inconsisted ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags to populate this from an online database source too.  Anyone have suggestions especially if you have a larger collection not organized by full albums.
Showcase Project [Work in Progress]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=93701.0
Bartop Project [100% Complete]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=98410.0
Custom Wireless 360/PC HAPP Fight Sticks [100% Complete]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=100809.0
Visual Pinball Cabinet [Work in Progress]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=102628.0

fotepblue

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 18, 2009, 03:05:36 am
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 02:12:15 pm »
I use MediaMonkey.  It will tag from your file names, directory structure as well as by looking up your album on the Internet.

All you need is the free version.  (I paid for the Gold version because I use it so much.)

It also rips, trans-codes (re-encodes to a different format) is a nice player and maintains a database including your personal ratings (stars).  And, it's not by Apple. ;D

Hey  guys, im trying to fix my mp3 collection because im planing to use  freebox in my jukebox, but i have over 25% of 250gb or 3000 albums that need to be fix on the id3 tags, i was looking for a piece of software that can look over my entire mp3 collection and tag only the albums that need to be tagged, if can do that based on the folder structure  , say tag the album based on the  folder name and tag the mp3 based on the mp3 file name that would be awsome, save me alot of time.... I been googlin for that piece of software, so far all i find you have to tag each album manualy, so i was wondering if someone can help me here. Thanks for any help.

xbon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 16, 2010, 01:33:15 am
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 02:29:46 am »
I use this free software its awesome and has loads of features like renaming folders using idtags and so on..

http://www.
mp3tag.de/en/

I have 23,000+ cd`s all now ripped to a 1.5tb hd and i am slowly working my way through them adding covers as i go on.
Currently ripping Over 20,000+ Music Cd`s.....

Dennis Downing Jr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 23, 2023, 12:22:23 pm
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 01:27:45 pm »
Step 1. BACKUP EVERYTHING!!!
            - I tried the same thing and any of the mp3's that were correctly displaying the ID3 tags
               ( mostly ones that I had ripped from CD's ) were all messed up by the software I was using.
I know of a software that is FREE and works great (in my opinion) the only thing is it can only do about 1000 songs at a clip other wise.. (NOT RESPONDING)

anyway I would backup your songs before you do anything

The name of the software is Winamp.  You can get it from http://www.winamp.com/ . .

Step 2. Install winamp
Step 3. Open winamp & load your songs
Step 4. Highlight songs in your playlist (select multiple songs)
Step 5. right click
Step 6.  SEND TO>  Auto Tag...

Thats it! Your all set!!