Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: What kind of button is this called?  (Read 1352 times)

Savannan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 22, 2012, 10:53:06 pm
What kind of button is this called?
« on: August 03, 2011, 02:13:42 pm »
Its the one on the right.  I find it has less travel and the Microswith doesnt move around(cuz of screw) compared to the horizonal...So would this button just be called a vertical mount or is there some kind of name associated to this type (..ie competition..??)  and who sells this style?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:21:42 pm by Savannan »

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What kind of button is this called?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 02:23:29 pm »
Happ calls them "Ultimate Pushbuttons", but they tend to bind up easily and most people prefer the horizontal pushbuttons.

Savannan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 02:39:37 pm »
Wow..thanks for the fast response.  Yep, those are it.  :applaud:   I have about 8 of those from my old arcade cab that are different colors..i'll go ahead and install in my MKII machine, see how they perform and to see if them bind up.

Thanks again for the info.  You rock :notworthy:

Nephasth

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 02:53:05 pm »
If you want new ones, you'll probably be able to get them cheaper from divemaster. He's got a thread stickied in the B/S/T forum.

Savannan

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 03:49:35 pm »
Well I installed the ultimate pushbuttons on player 1.   I played about a 1/2 hour on the ultimates and I dont think i'll be going back to the horizontal style anytime soon.  There is a noticable diffence in play.  The ultimate feel much more responsive(less travel) and the feel of the button press is solid. Here is a picture on the button height...player one is using ultimates and the 2nd horizontals....

the button height on the ultimates almost remind me of the track and field buttons.