Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Lost Red  (Read 1440 times)

ZippySLC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2003, 08:15:00 am
  • Booyah
    • ZippySLC's MAME Cab
Lost Red
« on: July 13, 2003, 02:59:20 pm »
Hello all,

I just finished building a new CP for my cabinet. After I hooked it back up, I noticed that I have no RED on my monitor.

I checked the wires from my ArcadeVGA to the monitor. If I switch the input from red to green I get signal, so I know that the wires from the computer to the monitor PCB are getting there.

The monitor is a WG 19K7601. I checked the red drive and red cutoff and they didn't help. I didn't change anything with the monitor - the only thing I did to the monitor wiring was unplug the breakout cable to the PC.

Any suggestions?

AlanS17

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 02, 2019, 08:35:48 am
  • I won't even pretend to be clever...
    • AlanS17
Re:Lost Red
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2003, 03:01:38 pm »
So you pulled the breakout VGA cable out of the PC? Are you sure you didn't bend any pins when you plugged it back in? I would unplug it again and check. They can usually be pulled back up and straightened with a pair of needle nose pliers.

ZippySLC

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2003, 08:15:00 am
  • Booyah
    • ZippySLC's MAME Cab
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2003, 03:47:11 pm »
No, when I said that I pulled it out of the PC, I meant that I removed it gently. I didn't yank it out or anything.

I tapped on the flyback and red came back, so it's a bad connection somewhere on the flyback that's causing the problem. But it's working now, so at least I don't have to worry too much.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 10:35:08 am »
The k7000 series is well known for cold solder joints on the main circuit board particularly around the flyback terminals, horizontal output transistor and the video input connector. I'd bet the pins around your video input connector are cold soldered causing your "intermittent red" problem.