Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: monitor and light gun combo  (Read 1584 times)

vusteveii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 07, 2003, 09:26:47 am
  • I'm a llama!
monitor and light gun combo
« on: July 12, 2003, 01:03:29 am »
I've read all of the light gun threads, but im really confused as to what works with what.  One of the biggest goals for my cab is to play area 51.  I'm looking for a 27" monitor/light gun combo that will definitly work.

Randy on the buy/sell forum has some 27" vga monitors that operate at 60 hz very reasonably priced, are there any light guns that would be compatible with this screen?

steve

kspiff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2016, 09:15:36 pm
  • Love of the game, baby.. love of the game..
Re:monitor and light gun combo
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 01:17:23 am »
If it is a VGA monitor of any kind, it should be OK, but maybe someone else can tell me otherwise..?

As far as lightguns, you (sadly) only have one *real* option: Act-Labs' USB gun.  The other guns out there -- it is commonly acknowledged -- are so borderline in compatibility as to be almost unusable for most games.
k-spiff

vusteveii

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 07, 2003, 09:26:47 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 02:02:04 am »
i misspoke, its not vga, its rgb.

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 09:07:18 am »
If time isn't an issues... wait

Go with a SVid TV and a good TV out chip (ATI... or chance a NVidia).. and the new Actlabs TV light guns.

Will allow for rapid fire AND dual guns.

Or you can wait the 5 years for me to get off my butt and produce the light gun I've been hoping for... but 5 years might be too soon... (but I seem to have a base now)