Main Woodworking Reviews Software Monitor/Video Maximus Arcade
Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Project Announcements Artwork Consoles Buy/Sell/Trade Meet Up
Arcade Miscellaneous Everything Else Politics n Religion Forum Discussion Wiki Discussion GroovyMAME
DOS/WinCab Merit/JVL Touchscreen Automated Projects Driving & Racing Project Arcade Old Boards
Linux Restorations Pinball MaLa Frontend controls.dat Old Archives
Retail Vendors Raspberry Pi & Dev Board

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Arcade | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS

Author Topic: [FS:NY] Rowe CD Player for R90-R94 (R89?) Jukebox Turns 45s into 45s/CD Combo  (Read 1562 times)

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
This is a working CD player that came out of a Rowe R-92 Combo CD/45 Jukebox.

It should work with any 407773-xx computer in the jukebox.  It may work with others. Basically the R90-R-94 Models.  Maybe the R-89? Must have 4 digit selection display.   Selections are made as follows:

100s: Side A (normal)
200s: Side B (normal)
5xyy: CD#x, Track yy.   (Actually x-1,  0=1st CD)

Includes EPROM - not sure this is necessary, but I know there is a difference in how the computer communicated with a Pioneer 6 CD Changer, and a Sony 10 CD Changer, and whether the original EPROM supported CDs at all.

Also, internal communications board (see pic)

Pioneer PD-M403
CD Attenuator (too keep the sound level the same as the 45s, plugs into the audio outs on the CD player)
Computer communications cable (CCC -> CD player) Connects at P5 on your CCC
Audio cable - connects the attenuator to the AUX on your amp.

There is a replacement EPROM if yours isn't configured to correctly use a Pioneer CD player.   You replace the EPROM, and then it loads defaults into your CCC.   You install the included EPROM, similar to the the directions on p. 4 of this document: 

It's unrelated, but similar.  The EPROM programming step is the same.

Attached are pcitures of the CD player, the computer (not included just for reference and connections).  Also, you can see on a R-90 that I have, where the CD player is mounted beneath the 45 mech.   Or you could put a shelf over the amp area.  I also have the manual for the CD combo.  Shows how to initialize.  This is for a R-92 Combo, but it's the same for all of them.

$75 for all of it, plus $25 shipping. 

If you live in upstate NY you can come pick it up (near Binghamton).  I can also show you a R-90 with the same setup (also for sale - 45/CD Combo 10 CD Changer $475 but I'll take off $50 from anyone here) See auction:

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
Is this still for sale? Im looking for one of these.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30