Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Street Fighter 4 Themed Cabinet  (Read 1835 times)

Aabra

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 11, 2012, 01:12:46 pm
Street Fighter 4 Themed Cabinet
« on: August 10, 2009, 08:38:22 pm »
Hey everybody.  I have finally scrounged up enough money to build myself a cabinet!  I've had a beautiful 27" LCD Monitor for quite a while now waiting for the rest of my money to arrive.  I just ordered the rest of the computer on Saturday and it should be ready tomorrow evening so I'm pretty excited.

While the main game for this cabinet will be SF4 (and all the artwork will be related to SF4) I'm going to make it a 4 player cabinet with a trackball.  I haven't designed the CP yet in Sketchup, I'll probably do that over the next few days but here's what I have so far.  Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

Note that the keyboard tray is hidden by the top panel which folds down to reveal it.  The bottom part of the front is also a door.  The control panel will be large since it's 4 players but detachable to ensure that I can get it through doors without a problem.

Epyx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
Re: Street Fighter 4 Themed Cabinet
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 09:36:36 pm »
Cool theme :)

The main thing I learned from my first cab is that I should have softened the angles, which I did on my bartop build. So much easier to apply T-molding and just looks more aesthetic. So I would soften some of the 90d angles on that cab into 45 degree sloped or inward curves (IE outter curves curve outward and inner, inner etc).

Other than that should be great!
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials