Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Albumplayer  (Read 2115 times)

Angry_Radish

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2020, 06:36:17 pm
Albumplayer
« on: July 13, 2009, 09:40:13 pm »
For those of you that have touchscreens there is a new version of Album Player out now. I finally got around to upgrading from 4.x and have been thrilled by the improved interface and options.
Well worth a look if you are in the market.
http://www.albumplayer.com/

Dermbrian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Albumplayer
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:44:41 am »
I don't know how I missed this one, unless I checked it out at a previous version and didn't like it at the time.

Very nice - smooth and fast, and has some very stylish skins.  The most non-intuitive thing, to me, is clearing the entire queue.  I'm still trying to figure out how to do that with only a touchscreen. 

It also adapts very cleanly to non-standard screen aspect ratios when you select full screen.  It's pretty stunning on my wider-screen MSI Touchscreen all-in-one.

Brian

hattrick10

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2020, 01:46:27 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 01:25:04 pm »
I'd like to second the tip of the hat to albumplayer.  I purchased it last year and have been VERY happy with it.  The newer version is even better than the last.  Its not free but very affordable.  Once you purchase it you get free updates to new versions as well.  Tech support via the user forums is fantastic and the developer is very active making continuous updates and bug fixes.  There are even some pretty neat plugins available for it.  I spent a couple days getting it set up for my Halloween party last year and really impressed the guests.  I believe you can download a trial from the website and check it out before you buy...

Angry_Radish

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2020, 06:36:17 pm
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 05:57:00 pm »
  The most non-intuitive thing, to me, is clearing the entire queue.  I'm still trying to figure out how to do that with only a touchscreen. 

The "X" at the bottom left   :cheers:

Dermbrian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2024, 05:05:16 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2009, 10:24:27 pm »
  The most non-intuitive thing, to me, is clearing the entire queue.  I'm still trying to figure out how to do that with only a touchscreen. 

The "X" at the bottom left   :cheers:

Thanks for finding the button.   That's better than touching/holding and waiting for the right click menu to appear, which was the other way to do it.  Like I said, it's probably the most non-intuitive part of the interface.  But the rest is really straightforward.

Brian
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:13:13 pm by Dermbrian »

digitaldj

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 10:13:03 pm »
Hey Angry_Radish answer your tech website emails!

hattrick10

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2020, 01:46:27 pm
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 12:21:44 pm »
Hey Angry_Radish answer your tech website emails!

I dont think Angry_Radish is the author of albumplayer software dude.  If you go to the album player user forum (probably the best place to get tech support) you will notice that the author is on holiday for the next couple of weeks.  Seriously though, if you are having probs, go to the forum.  Its very active and lots of useful info can be found there...

digitaldj

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 01:01:10 pm »
Ok Dude!