Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Konami TMNT board will not work with my Jamma extension harness???  (Read 1374 times)

16BIT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2009, 05:52:49 pm
I have a 6 pcb switcher with a 3 ft extender harness installed in my double dragon 2 dedicated cabinet and for some reason the game played fine when I first bought it but I needed the 2 player roms so i could select other players and when i finally installed some 2 player roms from EBAY the game will not play on my cabinet when using my 3 foot harness extender, it played fine on my harness extender before I swapped the roms, and also when i plug the TMNT pcb board directly into my dedicated Dynamo cabinet it plays fine with the 2 player roms, but not with the harness installed???  N_E one know whats up?  I have triple checked all of the wiring and all is fine??

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Re: Konami TMNT board will not work with my Jamma extension harness???
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:03:45 am »
So if you plug the extension harness into your Dynamo cabinet will it play then?

What if you plug the TMNT directly into the switcher?
Does it work in different slots on the switcher?
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

16BIT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2009, 05:52:49 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 06:11:15 pm »
The game used to work fine through the harness and 6 in 1 switcher, but after I installed the 2 player eproms from ebay so I could select the other characters the board will just keep doing the rom test over and over showing the bottom 4 roms with a code or something under them and showing k17 to be bad with the code (4130,4140,4150) have been shown.  I can then take the board out of the switcher and connect it directly right off of my dynamo jamma connector and it boots up fine with all the bottom 4 roms showing ok with no code under them and playes how it should allowing me to select any of the characters.  So I seem to think the eproms are not jiving with something in my setup either the harness alone or the switcher, I will have to test it directly off of the switcher to see if it will work.  If I cant get it to work I will just play 1 player with it and use the original roms to play through my switcher/harness extension setup.  Oh well

CheffoJeffo

• Cheffo's right! ---saint
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 06, 2024, 09:33:37 pm
  • Worthless button pusher!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 06:38:44 pm »
Have you checked the voltages ? Seems to me to be the likely culprit here.
Working: Not Enough
Projects: Too Many
Progress: None

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 07:14:25 pm »
Have you checked the voltages ? Seems to me to be the likely culprit here.

That's exactly what I was thinking.
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.