Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Type of bolts for Happs Joysticks  (Read 1055 times)

16el

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2005, 03:06:26 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Type of bolts for Happs Joysticks
« on: June 30, 2003, 08:20:38 am »
Hello all,

Just another noob question.  What type of bolts do you guys use for the joysticks and where do you get them.

Thanks

rampy

• *shrug*
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2007, 11:32:16 am
  • ...as useless as a JPG is to Helen Keller
    • Build Your Own PVR
Re:Type of bolts for Happs Joysticks
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2003, 10:07:11 am »
Traditionally people use 3/16" (is diameter the correct term for thread thickness?)  carriage bolts -- length depends on what surface you're mounting them through.

You can get them at most Aces, TrueValue, and smaller hardwar stores... although they won't be annodized black and may have a raised stamp (which you could grind down and polish if you so desired -- were that anal)

You can also get them from the real bob roberts or directly from happcontrols.com if you like paying a lot for a muffler.

You don't HAVE to use carriage bolts... I'm sure size 10 machine screws/nuts would work fine.  Some people go for a "flush" look and use wood screws from below -- but i'm not a big fan of that myself... *shrug*

Good luck!

Rampy