Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any examples of artwork using paints that glow under a black light?  (Read 1911 times)

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
I am wondering if anyone has used black light paints for there side art or control panel.  Tron might look cool.  Centipede might look cool too.

Frostillicus

• Arcade Artist
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 07:36:29 am
    • My MAME cabinet site
Re:Any examples of artwork using paints that glow under a black light?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2003, 09:44:54 am »
I was planning on putting a blacklight on my tron control panel - and still may.  You can see I've left the perfect little space for one of the PC mod cathode tubes.  They are around 20 bucks. Basically the light would make all the white areas, the trackball, and the stick glow.  I was also thinking of tracing over the overlay with those blacklight markers.

Right now all I have are 4 superbright UV led's in my tron stick.  Although my one hesitation is how safe would it be to be looking near that much UV light for longer periods of time.  Playing it for 20-30 mins on an upright Tron is one thing, but hours at end at a party is another.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 09:45:49 am by Frostillicus »

radiator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2013, 07:14:43 pm
  • SFA OK!
    • :: verticalcircle ::
Re:Any examples of artwork using paints that glow under a black light?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2003, 10:02:41 am »
not cab related, but, there's a good review on bit-tech that shows different coloured UV paints...

;D
When the Germans bombed the British, the British ducked.
When the British bombed the Germans, the Germans ducked.
When the Americans started bombing, everyone ducked!