Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Your daily METAL videos thread  (Read 9924 times)

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Re: Your daily METAL videos thread
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2009, 05:21:38 pm »
Totally, man. Well, mostly, in that I agree with your sentiments, in particular on those two songs. I couldn't get into any of the other albums besides Definition, which to me seemed a modern or perhaps mature return to the kind of stuff on Four of a Kind.

Shut Up was one of my favorites, though. In '91 or 2 I made a shirt using fabric paint that had D.R.I stenciled on the left breast, and on the back stenciled 'WHAT ARE YOU DEAF?', with the mosh dude logo stenciled via a template I made myself out of manilla folder, with 'SHUT UP' below that. Black shirt, purple paint. I don't remember what happened to that.

And, today's mindful offering. An AZ band, just after Newstead left, and arguably their best album:

Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2009, 05:39:36 pm »
And, only somewhat for reasons of convenience, another Flots track from the same album (by the way, auto-embedding is back in this thread) :

Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2009, 03:53:36 am »
I just happened to be listening to this on Youtube and noticed they've gone stereo. Nice. So I thought I'd post this....perhaps again.....because it's, like, metal. But it's progressive.

Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2009, 08:02:55 pm »
I just wanted to mention that Iron Maiden is NOT operatic metal or whatever the ---fudgesicle---. They were right there alongside Priest, Saxon, etc in the early days, and only by Seventh Son of a Seventh Son were they getting really thematically into things in some 'dramatic' fashion. Even then, they were still metal, and becoming eclipsed by thrash metal.

Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2009, 05:24:59 am »
Anybody get what the tail end percussion is an allusion to?

Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 12:54:57 pm »
As a guitarist, I'd like to toss in some vids just for the sake of showing off technique (and other various wanking off):

Symphony X's Michael Romeo - Sea of Lies

Betcha Can't Play This by Michael Romeo

Top 10 Jason Becker guitar solos (feat. Marty Friedman)

Far Beyond the Sun by Yngwie Johann Malmsteen

Trilogy Suite Op 5/Spasebo Blues by Yngwie J Malmsteen

Kerry King and Marty Friedman in Japan playing several covers

Slayer riffs montage with Kerry King

4 Riffs of Doom with Kerry King

Dimebag lesson - Revolution is my Name

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2009, 02:34:54 pm »
edit: double post

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2009, 09:44:31 pm »
Those absolutely do not belong in here, even the Friedman/King and Darrel ones. Far better to make your own thread.

By the way, the tail-end percussion in Belly of the Beast is an allusion to ---smurfing--- Mission:Impossible.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:46:29 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

mimic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:18:03 am
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2009, 10:11:26 pm »
I don't know, but everything seems to be too slow and boring compared to this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQxcY1mEK8I[/youtube]

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2009, 11:50:46 pm »
Those absolutely do not belong in here, even the Friedman/King and Darrel ones. Far better to make your own thread.

They're metal, they're videos. I fail to see your logic.

"Metal" covers a lot.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 03:07:54 am »
I don't know, but everything seems to be too slow and boring compared to this

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQxcY1mEK8I[/youtube]

Maybe you're too young. Also, most people severely confuse rhythm with meter. And, lastly, besides doom being gay, it doesn't belong in this thread.

They're metal, they're videos. I fail to see your logic.

"Metal" covers a lot.

First off, ingwee is ---smurfin--- cheese. Second, lick stuff is just, indeed as you mentioned, wank stuff. And, lead/solo stuff is very contrived* and not true to the metal vein at all. It's wannabe, 'I'm showing my great cock' stuff.

*Satriani's first two albums being only minor exceptions, though they ain't metal.

And with that, I'm going to post (or re-post??) a new uploading (NOW IN STEREO) of one of my pieces. That's metal. I suppose.  (And what the ---fudgesicle--- happened to auto-embedding again?)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cmlFBO7tgs&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 03:14:18 am by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 10:00:02 am »
First off, ingwee is ---smurfin--- cheese

Rising Force is one of the greatest guitar albums ever. The rest of his stuff....meh, but that one is a classic.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2009, 07:40:54 pm »
Classic only to electric guitarists.

And, sort of on that note:  (although, I have to say, I always thought the hair swinging deal was kinda gay)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpyZHXzChfU[/youtube]
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2009, 07:44:16 pm »
Classic only to electric guitarists.

Electric guitarists = the backbone of metal

mimic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2009, 09:56:40 pm »

Maybe you're too young. Also, most people severely confuse rhythm with meter. And, lastly, besides doom being gay, it doesn't belong in this thread.

First of all Immortal is black METAL, not doom.  They're fast, furious, brutal, just like real metal should be, unlike your  :lame: choices.  Maybe you thought of Paradise Lost or My dying bride (those bands would be doom.) You never specified you referring to HEAVY METAL. And if anyone is guilty of posting to wrong threads, it's YOU! Fishbone metal!? Please! You might as well post Celine Dion.
And as to being young, I just wish. Let's just say I was teen when bands like metallica, megadeath and iron maiden were starting out. But while you got stuck in spandex and hair spray era I have progressed with the time.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2009, 04:14:38 pm »

First of all Immortal is black METAL, not doom.  They're fast, furious, brutal, just like real metal should be, unlike your  :lame: choices.  Maybe you thought of Paradise Lost or My dying bride (those bands would be doom.) You never specified you referring to HEAVY METAL. And if anyone is guilty of posting to wrong threads, it's YOU! Fishbone metal!? Please! You might as well post Celine Dion.
And as to being young, I just wish. Let's just say I was teen when bands like metallica, megadeath and iron maiden were starting out. But while you got stuck in spandex and hair spray era I have progressed with the time.

Doom and black metal are from the same cast. They're both gay. Second, there's Metal, and death metal - some of the latter of which is actually deserving of the designation Metal. And you apparently didn't understand, or you missed, some of the middle portion of the thread. I'm an aesthete, yo. I define metal. You merely (might) listen to it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:17:14 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

mimic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2009, 08:46:00 pm »

Doom and black metal are from the same cast. They're both gay. Second, there's Metal, and death metal - some of the latter of which is actually deserving of the designation Metal. And you apparently didn't understand, or you missed, some of the middle portion of the thread. I'm an aesthete, yo. I define metal. You merely (might) listen to it.

hahahahahaha dude you're either really "funny"  or you got ego the size of Hindenburg. You define metal? You're an aesthete? I understand you have some credentials to back those statements? Oh, you dont? Then your opinion means precisely squat doesn't it?
Anyway further proof of black METAL greatness (something you have no idea about) a proof that black metal achieved what others hope. Through music they are able to create visual representation of the musics meaning that only classical music was able to achieve. Sure it's dark, demonic, evil, etc who cares, the point is they made music that no one makes mistakes as to what it's meaning is unlike other generes' nice catchy, pleasant, meaningless plim-plums.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wF0JoYqS-E[/youtube]

these 2 bands are considered more symphonic metal than black, but I still like it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoMLT2OFqjo[/youtube]

psychotic, dark, witching voices, brutal onslaught on your ear drums how can you not like it!?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdvNvHjn620&feature=related[/youtube]

double bass baby! (slowest song from Dissection)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-uM6oDkw8c[/youtube]

and faster

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaRSY0jHf_s&feature=related[/youtube]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:57:36 pm by mimic »

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2009, 11:09:55 pm »
Old Man's Child is awful, especially the production!

Dimmu Borgir I'm a fan of, though.

dafelandry

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2012, 12:08:40 pm
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2009, 02:55:23 pm »
First post in the daily metal section.... I am sure i will bring some nice variety to the list..... Some of the previously posted videos are pretty cheesy so if its cheese you want these next two are for you!

Some classic doom for yeah!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3uvf0cn0jo[/youtube]

Some Blasphemy of cheese (Hail KING DIAMOND)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdfu5VmeEQo[/youtube]

Some deadly Estonian viking metalZ

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChYRwd-cPbM[/youtube]

And some black metal (**CAUTION NSFW** EDIT:NO EMBED BECAUSE OF NSFW)

« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:47:58 pm by dafelandry »

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2009, 03:01:16 pm »
Remove the last one. NSFW in the thumbnail. We can't avoid it.

Thanks. I was just scrolling through the page while at work and was like, "Ah, titties!"  :lol
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 03:58:05 pm by Ginsu Victim »

dafelandry

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2009, 03:54:48 pm »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXD24JDpGGQ[/youtube]

SICK SICK SICK goodness!!

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2009, 03:59:03 pm »
And though cheesy, Mercyful Fate's Melissa is an awesome album.

dafelandry

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »
And though cheesy, Mercyful Fate's Melissa is an awesome album.

DEFINATLY!!! classic cheesy goodness!!! Have the original vinyl  >:D  YES HAIL SATANNNN!! lol

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2009, 03:28:10 am »

SICK SICK SICK goodness!!

Minor keys, cheesy synth sounds, and wannabe syncopation in the percussion. I'm not sayin it's bad. Just unremarkable. Implied here are some of my credentials, mimic. But, you're a man so the only say-so is your own.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2009, 04:45:05 pm »
And, cos I found and have been holding this for a little while. Someone finally uploaded a full fidelity version. ARRRRRRRR.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 04:50:04 pm by Ummon »
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2009, 04:51:44 pm »
Let's try this again:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7bYzDWkigg&feature=channel_page[/youtube]
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2009, 01:29:46 pm »
A lot of my favourites have been linked here already. Here is a band I have gotten into over the last few years...a little different (viking themes) but good imo nonetheless:

Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2009, 06:05:08 pm »
A lot of my favourites have been linked here already. Here is a band I have gotten into over the last few years...a little different (viking themes) but good imo nonetheless:

Different than what?
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2009, 10:21:46 pm »
Different in that their music is mainly viking themed, different in that it is melodic death metal... ;)
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2009, 03:56:35 am »
Different in that their music is mainly viking themed, different in that it is melodic death metal... ;)

Dude, you need to go back and read how I de-bunked that idea. Utterly. And, again, there is a death metal thread. This ain't even Heavy Metal. It's just METAL.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

mimic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2009, 12:22:42 am »
hahaha again @ the guy above me, with his "de-bunking" theory.

Anyway my favorite from Arcturus (although most of their stuff is too weird for me)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq7VQZ0oVpA[/youtube]

My favorite viking tune (I consider it througly epic, as I can totally imagine the battle (and prior to it) that they created through their music )

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZTYBqJkeEg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD2-No5myWY[/youtube]

And of course big thx to dafelandry for Satyricon Mother North Awesome tune. (I never knew there was an uncensored version)

mimic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2009, 12:35:05 am »
Old Man's Child is awful, especially the production!

Dimmu Borgir I'm a fan of, though.

Old man's child awful? Ah c'mon it's so dark, moody & grotesque those 2 voices evil and evil"-er" as in battling over someones soul :) and Yeah, production maybe not the best but what do you expect from a poor underground band.

What amazes me that black metal bands sound unintelligible and yet if you look up lyrics and start reading as they sing all of a sudden it's like a decoding book has been opened and you're able to decypher the meaning of those unholly growls. Also what is noteworthy they almost don't use profanities.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 12:37:53 am by mimic »

Epyx

• Offline Offline
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2009, 11:59:31 am »
Mimic, thanks for those links! Hadn't heard of them before.
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

dafelandry

• Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2009, 12:56:55 pm »
Resurrecting the "Daily" metal tread!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ZhkLUcKT8[/youtube]
Korpiklaani - Happy Little Boozer (Actually got boozed with these guys)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwF-RX_3xL0[/youtube]
Ensiferum - Wanderer (And these guys too!)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sES8CSZIOS4[/youtube]
Nerthus - The Black Fortress (album Appropriately titled "Black Medevil Art)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLIIUrcLQxU[/youtube]
Manegarm - Intro + I Evig Tid (songs needs the intro epic violen + guitars..viking as all hell)

mimic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2009, 04:40:57 pm »
HOSTILE TAKEOVER!!
more fine black metal to further annoy ummon ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCCye8rFzOY[/youtube]

The Puzzling Constellation Of A Deathrune

[Voice:] "...The Soulside Awakes...Closing Down the Flesh..."

Upwards a Shimmering Nightsky of far so Distant Starlight
Above the Obsolete Horizonlines Death Came to Reap
Towards the Cosmic Hillsides Beyond the Lunar Galaxy
Closing Down the Fleshworld Forever as the Soulside Awakes

Whirling Down a Maelstrom of Horror Infernal
Possessed by the Grim and Bleak Eyes of the Seventh Moon
Breathing the Rippeling Rythm of the Coldest Night
Through Shadows Hearses Must be Led Across

The Puzzling Constellation of a Deathrune
The Ancient Sign of Magic Divine and Flamboyance Burning
Old Dusty Thresholds and Rusty Gateways Unentered (and) Unseen
A Spiritpath in the Thirteenth Dimension Cursed for Evilcraft

Obstreperous Skyways of Nightfall Ornaments
Cloudrealm Corridors of Miles and Miles with Mist
Solarlight Trapped into the Blackest Corner of Universe
The Darkened Space Enthroned and Time is Moving Backwards...

Breathing the Rythm of the Coldest Night
An Ancient Sign of Magic Divine
A Darkened Dungeon for the Pale I Seek
A Spiritpath for the Thirteenth Soul
The Sky is Raised from a Nightfall Dream
By the Bodies with their Souls in Black
Burning Close in the Cryptic Night
Rip Young Hearts out in the Fields of Light

Horror Infernal - The Seventh Moon - The Coldest Night
Her World Described - The Deathruler's Sign
Flamboyance Burning - An Ancient Deathcry

[Voice:] "Old Dusty Thresholds and Rusty Gateways
Unentered (and) Unseen...
Obstreperous Skyways of Nightfall Colours
Oblivious to a Spiritpath Breathing of Doom..."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXJMI2rhqB8[/youtube]

The Eclipse Of Infernal Storms

The gate rose before him
In stood there open wide
A bloodstained portal of might
His travel to the land unknown

I awakened from this dismal dream
the same as thousand times before
This sight is so impure
So filled with mourning and with grace
It cries a message to me
of which I cannot ever grip
A man and this enermous gate
with his name on it written in blood...

I fall to me kness
Spelling my name
to be unleashed, and ever blessed
The great beyond lies open in front of me

I could see the gate
rise before my eyes
With a freezing smile
I entered the reign of death
I could see the truth
like an open book
And then I knew
what I had become

I awakened from the dismal dream
The threshold to the dead
I've passed this enormous gate
with my name on it written in blood...

In blood... I fall to me knees
Spelling my name
to be unleashed, and ever blessed
The great beyond lies open in front of me

dafelandry

• Offline Offline
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2009, 06:19:58 pm »
Hails mimic  >:D....

I had to post these Nokturnal Mortum links now!! haha

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUF8-gX2wLA[/youtube]
Nokturnal Mortum - Perun's Celestial Silver

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7dlpqBfCYg[/youtube]
Nokturnal Mortum - ...And Winter Becomes

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsnfXJGxsqc[/youtube]
Aura Noir - Funeral Thrash (Sick Norweigan Thrash!!!)

mimic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2009, 06:48:57 pm »
todays pick ;)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BI4_NMxPb8[/youtube]

mimic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2009, 06:36:16 pm »
some melodic death metal your way...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF0U77bm9mc[/youtube]

mimic

• Offline Offline
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2009, 12:06:11 am »
one word... BRUTAL!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDU2F1deIVs[/youtube]

Ginsu Victim

• Offline Offline
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2009, 12:12:19 am »
Come on.....really?

Geeze.....Ummon......come reclaim your thread.