Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: not exactly a juke or arcade cabinet but it could be :D (also WIP)  (Read 1215 times)

facesmiths

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2011, 07:53:05 pm
  • nemo goggles
    • Borg Steam Factory
this is a music video station I am building as a DJ/VJ box as well as being a musical instrument or two. I have synthedit and spooky keys so I can use the touch screens as a theremin and an extremely flexible synthesizer. I have no doubt it will be used as a sample regurgitation unit and some sort of powerful drum machine like rebirth with mods or some such

I will post better pics soon of the steps I have made to get to this point and progress pics as I have time to make further progress (have a ton of other projects in the works as well such as a leather bell style top hat and various goggles. )
specs so far 1200mhz Athalon 512 ddr 160g maxtor from a direct tv DVR that is registering as 130gig and will not format under windows 2000 in a single partition so I have it broken into 80 gig and 50 gig. but like that it seems to be working fine. (used the logical drive control in the admin tools to find the unused space after using win 2000 disc to partition it while installing 2000. so I am betting if I had a disc (win 2000 install) with the service pack 4 I might be able to do larger partitions. but oh well)

anyway here is a pic of it at the point it is at now. and I have not found a multi cursor program or driver that works with the touch screens unfortunately. so if anyone knows something I have not found please let me know as I would be eternally great full

Kronos

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2012, 08:41:32 am
Re: not exactly a juke or arcade cabinet but it could be :D (also WIP)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 06:17:51 pm »
interesting..

Thebeast

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2021, 10:18:47 pm
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 10:36:53 am »
keep this updated. I want to see the finished product.
What if this weren't a hypothetical question?

See my project at : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=87647.0

facesmiths

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2011, 07:53:05 pm
  • nemo goggles
    • Borg Steam Factory
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 01:49:24 am »
still looking for a multi cursor hack for touchscreens and serial ports.

and the hat as it sets finished with out the hat band of course