Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My Simpsons to Xbox/Mame/Daphne Conversion...  (Read 4451 times)

twenty8eight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2003, 10:31:40 am
  • I'm a llama!
My Simpsons to Xbox/Mame/Daphne Conversion...
« on: June 13, 2003, 01:11:59 pm »
Alright fellas...here is my first arcade cabinet project....
All the details are on the initial page, then the navigation to all the pics are on the right handside.....

I still have a few things to do, but thought I would post some pics to show off all the hard work....

Let me know what you think...

http://www.alwaysrecord.com/arcade.htm

jakejake28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 02, 2005, 07:23:54 pm
  • Thank you sir, may I have another?
Re:My Simpsons to Xbox/Mame/Daphne Conversion...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2003, 01:37:53 pm »
whoa. whered you learn about this evolution-x stuff?
does mame-x run well?
can you run killer instinct?
can you remap the mame-x keys like in reg. mame?
does it support a tb and/or spinner?
is there a website i can be referred to so you don't have to answer all these questions? :P
It's all about the Pentiums

Pixelhugger

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 05:47:08 pm
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 01:48:07 pm »
http://www.xbox-scene.com/tutorials.php

Have fun, do your homework and read read read. Get familiar with IRC.
 ;D
Project mega thread HERE

twenty8eight

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2003, 10:31:40 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 01:51:23 pm »
Mame-X runs really really well....
The only problem is games over 33Mb wont load due to not enought physical memory.....(ie: metal slug 3 :(  )
I may install a PC to play those few games I can't now...

Some important things to remember....
You have to have a modchip installed in your x-box for Mame-X or Daphne-X to run.(there are also N64 , Sega Genesis, GBA, SNES, and NES Emu ports to XboX platform now)

I also installed a 100GB harddrive in my xbox, so I can play all of these straight off of there, without ever changing any discs....just hold the 2 triggers, start, and back buttons to reboot the xbox, and get back to the menu screen.

You can read more here:
http://www.xbox-scene.com

I must say, IT RAWKS.....hehe
I also have the PS2, PC, and Dreamcast adapters for my X-Arcade, so in the coming weeks, all of these wonderful devices will be housed in the cabinet running through a A/V switch mounted inside the control panel.....when I want to change platforms, just lift up the control panel, and flip a switch.....

jakejake28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 06:58:42 pm »
that is pretty cool. if only there was a disk changer for the dc. i have one in my cab, and i hate having to go behind my cab, open it up, switch the disk, and shut it all up, only to realize i forgot to swithc my s-vid cable and have to swithc that...

but that is an awesome idea. where'd you find the hard drive? is it pc compatible (the hard drive)?

anthony691

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2016, 03:10:23 pm
    • Lightgun.tk
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2003, 07:33:18 pm »
that is pretty cool. if only there was a disk changer for the dc. i have one in my cab, and i hate having to go behind my cab, open it up, switch the disk, and shut it all up, only to realize i forgot to swithc my s-vid cable and have to swithc that...

but that is an awesome idea. where'd you find the hard drive? is it pc compatible (the hard drive)?

Hmm... I would think you guys would know more about this stuff... it is a standard EIDE hard drive. You know... ANY OLD DRIVE! It doesn't even need to be blessed like on a tivo!
Visit my MAME lightgun site:
http://www.lightgun.tk

jakejake28

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2003, 08:34:04 pm »
Hmm... I would think you guys would know more about this stuff... it is a standard EIDE hard drive. You know... ANY OLD DRIVE! It doesn't even need to be blessed like on a tivo!

i've got an xbox, but i don't have a clue wat keeps it running. i m not normally the type to open a console, unless to mod it. but since it is, i can just load a ton of stuff on a pc and swap it to my xbox, sweet.

anthony691

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2016, 03:10:23 pm
    • Lightgun.tk
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2003, 10:40:57 pm »

i've got an xbox, but i don't have a clue wat keeps it running. i m not normally the type to open a console, unless to mod it. but since it is, i can just load a ton of stuff on a pc and swap it to my xbox, sweet.

I don't think that would be the best way, and you need the new Dashboard to do it...

Once you have Evo-X on it... just use your home network :)!!!
Visit my MAME lightgun site:
http://www.lightgun.tk

TheOtherBob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 23, 2007, 09:07:39 pm
  • Sunspot activity has increased energy output...
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2003, 10:06:04 am »
Great job, looks real nice!   ;D

I used my xbox as well for the heart of my cabinet.  And, like you, added the x-arcade.

A couple of things that you might have done already, but I'll mention them anyways.

1.) I added a remote power switch to the xbox so that it'll turn on when I flip the main switch on the cabinet.  Plus, you can reset the xbox in case something goes haywire without having to open the front door.

2.) I also wired the coin mech switches to the side fire buttons on the x-arcade so that the mechs can trigger credits.

Again, nice work!

Shieldwolf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2020, 12:48:53 am
  • SpearShield.com
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 09:28:13 pm »
with the abillity to hack an xbox nowadays I'll be interested to see what that machine can do for people.