Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Graphics popup in new layout??  (Read 1110 times)

Chris BEANS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2013, 01:10:50 pm
Graphics popup in new layout??
« on: September 20, 2008, 08:43:34 am »
Hi all,

I'm trying to knock up my own custom layout. It's far from any good right now, more of an experiment to see what I can do with it and see how my various ideas might look.
Anyway, I've got a Street Fighter theme, I've got a 1024 x 764 fairly plain wallpaper as a background. On top of that I was going to have a pencil sketch of Ken I found.

Problem I have is that the Ken picture dissapears and pops back into view again every time I select a new game?!?! Not gamelist, or different emulator, simply scrolling up and down though my game list makes him disappear briefly??

Any ideas what this might be and how to rectify it?

The background is a simple JPEG and the Ken is PNG. I can upload both images if needs be....

Cheers in advance :)

dungbeetle46

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2016, 07:27:47 pm
Re: Graphics popup in new layout??
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 09:38:13 am »
you need to group the 2 files, this can be done in photoshop.
because you have 2 seperate layers 1 layer is closing at a different time than the other causing the problem.
google group 2 images in photoshop

Chris BEANS

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 01, 2013, 01:10:50 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 09:50:24 am »
Great, thanks :)

I was looking to have a third layer too. The capcom logo scrolling across the back. Will this need 'grouping' too?

Sorry for the noob questions. I've never used photoshop in my life, I'm getting someone else to do the graphic work at the moment.... Another slight issue I have is that although the Ken image I have is cut out but there is stil an obvious white outline on it. Can this be rectified too?

I wanted the Ken as a seperate layer as my intention was to have the capcom logo scroll across the screen and then behind the ken image....

As I said, I'm getting someone else to do the graphic work for me, but my old man has a copy of photoshop. Are these things I'm likely to be able to do for myself as a complete beginner?

Cheers for your advise :)

dungbeetle46

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2016, 07:27:47 pm
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 09:51:21 am »
check this tute for photoshop

http://www.johnhpanos.com/stchtute.htm