Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Music and Music vids software  (Read 5068 times)

Angry_Radish

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2020, 06:36:17 pm
Music and Music vids software
« on: August 22, 2008, 12:21:27 pm »
Hi all,
I've been pretty pleased with my wall mounted touchscreen juke, but I've recently aquired a couple lcd projectors from work that led me down the path to wanting to display some music videos in my gameroom.
Is there a touchscreen friendly software product out there anyone knows of that can handle qeueing both music AND video clips and can output the vids to a secondary display device instead of the primary?

I know it's a kind of off the wall question, but I swear I've seen a couple user-made jukes out there with multiple displays..

Cheers!
 :cheers:

JackTucky

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2021, 12:00:58 pm
  • Soon I will post that I am a triathalete
Re: Music and Music vids software
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 01:56:19 pm »
freebox does this and karaoke too.
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 02:17:02 pm »
UncleT's Jukebox should support that too, but both is excellent software.

Mine (MultiFE) is still not support videos....

Pretty much must software in the arcade controls wiki with dual monitor support should support queuing music as well videos. that what they have videos on a seconds screen, so you still can navigate on the first screen.

Since mine software is not supporting videos, dualscreen was not necessity to support dualscreen. If I in future support videos, dualscreen would been supported too.
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 02:27:09 pm »
Thanks for the replies!

I'll have a look at UncleT's, and I'd like to check out freebox, but the download links all seem to be dead/removed (v4)

freebox does this and karaoke too.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 04:35:10 pm »
Barcrest removed the current downloads due a person was selling a jukebox with a piracy CD with various jukebox software (include mine). This was about week about, but I dunno why he still not have released a new demo?

Here is the reason:
http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/index.php?topic=976.0

But no new demo since, but it should coming soon. Otherwice you cant go other than use the very nice Uncle'T software as well.

There is do a freeware version of Freebox (v2.2) as well on the right side that still should support videos.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 04:43:31 pm by Space Fractal »

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 04:55:16 pm »
Well I'm a little underwhelmed with the skins/look of UncleT's, and Freebox looks great but without actually being able to try it I'm thinking I'm SOL for now   :dunno

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 06:36:59 pm »
That just because Uncle'T is no great graphic artist (he allready said that, so no negative about it), but his application works very fine and easy to use. The interface its self it really great, but you might can make a better skin if you want.

His software suit better for you than my software.

You can on this list try for these software that support dual monitors:
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Jukebox_Software.

I hope Barcrest got the demo issue resolved soon.

JackTucky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 09:31:52 pm »
Well I'm a little underwhelmed with the skins/look of UncleT's, and Freebox looks great but without actually being able to try it I'm thinking I'm SOL for now   :dunno

Go to the freebox forums.  Post there that you're looking for a demo.  I would think Barry would want to make a demo available to a  possible future customer.

http://www.freeboxjukebox.com/Forum/

IIRC the Demo was down also for some bugs in the config tool.   :dunno
Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 04:27:36 am »
He could just put the v3 final demo, which is pretty stable, until he got demo 4 updated with the newest version... Just to make sure he have a least a demo to download (personly I dosent care it was v3 and v4, since v3 is very stable).

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 08:33:10 am »
I was planning on releasing the new demo once i had a few bugs ironed out of the last demo. Nothing worse than trying out a demo and discovering bugs, sure fire way to put you off. The last demo was pulled due to the ebay incident and also a couple of bugs I found. I can make a demo release for you later today. Sorry for the inconvienence.

unclet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 08:46:55 am »
Exactly .... I am not an artist at all.   I tried to show people what can be done with the skins (pics, images, colors, etc...) but I have no skill in creating a typical art-sy skin package.

Seems like a lot of people like to use skins already made instead of creating their own .... oh well.

As for the software, it has been real solid for me with very little complaints.  It is also feature rich in my opinion.  I use it to display videos and audio files on my dual monitor touchscreen jukebox.

One thing you will notice about my software is each song track can be associated with a video file as well as an audio file at the same time.  Sometimes a video of a song is not as clear sounding as the CD version of the song so allowing a song track to be represented by two separate formats (video and audio) provides the user an easier way to store and select which format of the song to play.   Basically, if I am outside listening to my jukebox through the patio speakers, then I set the jukebox on random mode and give preference to playing audio files over the video files.   If I am having guests over, then I set the jukebox to give preference to playing video files over the audio files since most guests enjoy seeing the videos.   Now, you can always select either audio or video when selecting songs manually from your albums to play directly as well.   Anyway, just thought I would mention this feature in case you think it will help you out.  Also, in case it was not clear ..... having this feature allows the user to store an associated video and audio file under the same album directory and uses the same album and track number for the song.  The software allows the user to select whether the video or audio file should be played while manually making a song track selection.

You can read more about it under Options/Help

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:50:52 am by unclet »

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 02:23:10 pm »
Thanks for the help/suggestions guys, I appreciate it!  :cheers:

I certainly don't want to come across as saying UncleT's is a bad product because of the lack of available skins, because I love the featureset. That being said, I'm not an artist either, so when I'm looking for a replacement to Albumplayer (my current "music only" touchscreen app), look, feel, and real touchscreen useability are pretty high up there in priority since that's what my guests see  and interact with :)

unclet

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 04:56:03 pm »
Seems like the skins which come with Album player are simply basic color schemes .... nothing special in my opinion.  However, if you like one type of skin then perhaps I can try to create the same color scheme for you in my software if you want me to try.  The current skins I have available with Albumplayer is "Darkness, Default, Winter, WinXP Blue, WinXP Olive and WinXP Silver".

Perhaps you are looking for better skins with other software and would like to get away from basic color schemes ..... not sure.   If you try out my software and like it, then I can try to make you a basic color scheme in the colors you want.   If you are not going to use the software then I would prefer not to spend my time making an additional skin.   Just let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:14:23 pm by unclet »

Angry_Radish

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2008, 06:20:20 pm »
I guess I should have provided the link to the touchscreen side of albumplayer, http://www.touchscreenplayer.com . The biggest thing for me I guess it the use of larger scroll buttons, and the lack of any windowsUI-looking controls like scrollbars.
No need to waste your time skinning for me, if that's something I can change in your app using skinning then I'll have another look at it, it just looked like all I could do was change colors rather than modify/reposition the scroll bars and controls. Maybe one of your users has already done it?

I absolutely LOVE all the features you have, and it looks like functionally it does everything I want and more, but from my testing today on my touchscreen, it feels to me it would be a better fit on a cabinet with a mouse or other hardware controls as it stands.

I really mean no disrespect at all by all of this, I appreciate all the hard work you obviously put (and are continuing to put) into this, I just don't think it's a good fit for my particular situation.

:cheers:

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2008, 06:43:51 pm »
I could create a Arcade Music box style skin (my old button based dualscreen jukebox application), but that require your software (Uncle'T Jukebox) support png files includning alpha on the buttons images. Seen not to hard and quite simple to create a skin for that software.....

JackTucky

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2008, 10:55:19 pm »
UncleT:  There's lots of people that are good application programmers but struggle with graphical design.  I'm one of them.  I feel your pain :cheers: