Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: home energy audits??  (Read 537 times)

squirrellydw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2021, 11:30:22 am
home energy audits??
« on: August 15, 2008, 03:54:59 pm »
Has anyone had a home energy audit done?  If so what did they do, how much did it cost, what did the report say and has it helped lower your bills if you did anything?

I live in PA and I am thinking of getting one done.

Thanks for any info
I b**ch. People listen!!

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Re: home energy audits??
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 06:49:38 pm »
This is probably not helpful at all but a few years back my science class had a representative from PS&G make the class perform a survey of their home and run the numbers through a program to calculate something.  I don't remember the findings.  There might be something available like online for free.

http://hes.lbl.gov/  Have fun.
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.

MazzMn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2013, 12:38:19 am
  • chicken, fight like a robot
    • The IceBox Oak Cocktail Table
Re: home energy audits?? - KillAWatt
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 10:47:26 pm »
kind of related..been meaning to pick one of these up, can't find locally
anyone have success stories due to KillAWatt detecting big energy wasters

http://www.amazon.com/P3-International-P4400-Electricity-Monitor/dp/B00009MDBU/ref=tag_tdp_sv_edpp_pop_t

SavannahLion

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2015, 02:28:15 am
Re: home energy audits??
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 11:21:07 am »
PG&E just installed a new meter on our house. According to PG&E's flyer, they'll be able to read the meter remotely, ie no one has to come around the house anymore. They've notified us that we'll be forced to go through an audit at some undetermined time in the future, I'll let you know when PG&E tries to shove it down our throats how it turns out.