Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Partial Credits  (Read 3468 times)

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Partial Credits
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:50:11 pm »
Will DOS/WinCab do partial credits ?
For instance when using a coin mech that will accept nickels and dimes.

The coin mech on my juke will accept nickels, dimes, quarters and even half dollars.
The quarter and half dollar are simple enough to configure for credits, but I kinda wanted the nickels and dimes to be functional without being just full credits like the others.

Just one of those minor details I never finished looking into.

NO this NOT for commercial use.    ;D
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

Chris

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Partial Credits
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:19:01 am »
I had not added that feature specifically because it's only real purpose would be commercial use.  You can have the same effect by making quarters worth five credits, dimes worth two, nickes worth one.  You can have up to four different values per machine.

I believe there are nickel mechs that mechanically will only trigger on every other nickel.
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 01:30:20 pm »
Hi Chris,
Glad to see you're still around with great support....... for great software of course.

Yeah, I kinda figured there might be a "commercial" aspect seen to that function.

I have had my coin mech working for some time now, but never really sat down to try and figure out if I could get the proper denominations vs. credits set. Because this particular juke would add credits if you put more money in at one time.

i.e.

1 credit - .25
3 credits - .50
5 credits - .75
7 credits - 1.00

And the mech itself will accept nickels, dimes, quarters and even half dollars.
So there would be several combinations of coinage possible and the original credit selector module would have to do the math I guess to figure up how many credits to give out.

No big deal, I actually keep it on freeplay all the time and you can still drop a quarter or whatever in it to get the good ol' nostalgic sound effects and feel of it if you wanted to.
(acts as more of an oversized piggy bank than anything)     :cheers: 

Chris

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 01:33:31 pm »
So there would be several combinations of coinage possible and the original credit selector module would have to do the math I guess to figure up how many credits to give out.
There are definately many coinage possibilities that a real commercial juke should support, along with income reports and such.
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 03:12:04 pm »
Obviously I wouldn't care about actually tracking the income part of it with reports and such..... it would just be neat to drop two dimes and a nickel to equal one credit, same as if you had dropped a quarter in the slot, etc., etc.

In the mean time though..... everything gets a credit.  :cheers:
(really it's all free anyways)

And if you happen to have a half-dollar coin in your pocket ...... you get three credits.  ;)