Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: How about this for a light gun replacement.  (Read 2653 times)

str1der

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2021, 04:35:31 pm
  • Live it!
How about this for a light gun replacement.
« on: May 23, 2003, 01:58:28 pm »
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?sku=e138-1000

You  could use your hand as the gun and use the internal tracking for cross hair position.

Distortion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 10, 2016, 04:39:20 pm
  • Saints Row 2, Sucka
    • Volition
Re:How about this for a light gun replacement.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 02:16:08 pm »
haha, anyone remember how dysfunctional the Nintendo Power Glove was?
Game programmers do not play games for a living.  Would you say a mechanic drives cars for a living?

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 02:21:29 pm »
It depends on how accurate it is at pointing...  and keeping track of the hand itself moving.

It would probably be closer to that 3d wireless joystick I have (that rotating it moves the mouse... not pointing it)... its usuable... but not a gun aiming... (ie, it works great for shotgun at your waist... but not rifle with scope).

But IF it could be used well.. and kept track of the location in the room and the location of the screen... (ie, the mouse pointer can be calculated by where your finger is pointing to at the screen, not just based on rotation of your hand) then it would be down right SWEET!

I would LOVE to play a gun game where my I made a gun out of my fingers and said BANG!  (have to get voice rec for the bang!)

IceCold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2010, 05:11:22 pm
    • My MAME cabinet webpage
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 08:19:12 pm »
It depends on how accurate it is at pointing...  and keeping track of the hand itself moving.

It would probably be closer to that 3d wireless joystick I have (that rotating it moves the mouse... not pointing it)... its usuable... but not a gun aiming... (ie, it works great for shotgun at your waist... but not rifle with scope).

But IF it could be used well.. and kept track of the location in the room and the location of the screen... (ie, the mouse pointer can be calculated by where your finger is pointing to at the screen, not just based on rotation of your hand) then it would be down right SWEET!

I would LOVE to play a gun game where my I made a gun out of my fingers and said BANG!  (have to get voice rec for the bang!)
If it works very good, you could always velcro/tape it to a lightgun(or even a real gun, bb gun etc.  :P ) and it would probably work as a light gun.