Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: OK, I got a Dual Strike pad, but I can't get it to work with MAME!  (Read 790 times)

WaverBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2003, 04:00:39 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
I can map the buttons ok thru the tab menu, but I can't map the axis controls; I twist the Dual Strike up and down, but nothing registers.  How do I do it?
Long live two-dimensional sprites!!!

Lilwolf

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 31, 2022, 10:26:34 pm
Re:OK, I got a Dual Strike pad, but I can't get it to work with MAME!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 05:04:53 pm »
Do you have joysticks enabled in your mame.ini?

Generic Eric

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 09:02:23 am
  • Restore! Don't maim for MAME, build from scratch!
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,143226.0.html
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 10:32:37 pm »
There is also a mouse emulation in the dual strike software.

If I remember right, I set the mouse emulation in the DS software, and enabled it in Mame.  But I use MAME32

WaverBoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2003, 04:00:39 am
  • I want my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 12:58:43 am »
I figured it out!  You have to go into the Control Panel thru the Dual Strike software, select Dual Strike, Properties, Settings, and change the setting from Dual Strike FX to Joystick.  Then the Mame tab menu will take the axis mappings.  Whew!  And now, after a bit of practice to get used to the control, Star Wars and S.T.U.N. Runner play GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The axis control and trigger placement on this thing are IDEAL for Star Wars and STUN Runner.  Too bad Microsoft discontinued it, because it's a fantastic, unique control.  The only real complaint I've seen about it is that the left thumb control hat has a tendency to break off during rigorous use, but I'm not worried about that, because the games I'm using it on don't require it.  Thanks to all of you who helped steer me in the right direction for Ultimate Star Wars Emulation Fulfillment.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 01:05:10 am by WaverBoy »
Long live two-dimensional sprites!!!