Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: microsoft's 360 controller on pc  (Read 1035 times)

Pinto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2007, 10:42:36 pm
microsoft's 360 controller on pc
« on: December 20, 2007, 02:53:07 am »
So I'm still prepping smaller details on the cab I'm making this summer and I was thinking of the best controllers to use. I remembered that Microsoft has a wireless gaming receiver to sync up to 4 of your 360 controllers to PC which I thought is a great idea because I already have the controllers and they fit multiple systems that Id rather use a controller like dreamcast and PSX

I went out and picked up one of the receivers it works great but the triggers are irritating so Im still going to return it. If anyone else has tried one out, they map the 2 triggers to the Z axis so +50% is right while less than 50% is left. What was Microsoft thinking?

I booted up some PSX games and it can be pretty annoying when the triggers cancel themselves out if pushed together or just the plain fact that you can't hit both at once. Anyone else have one of these receivers and found a good work around? (Theres some 3rd party shareware with a trial but then you have to disable joypad support in your emulators which I don't want to do)

Looks like I'll just get some adapters, convert all my original controllers, and plug n play as necessary... I assume that is what most of you did?