Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ultimarc  (Read 12193 times)

shredso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2020, 09:23:27 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Ultimarc
« on: June 30, 2007, 09:22:39 am »
I've bought 2 ipacs and 2 magstik plus from umtimarc in the last couple years.  The ipac has to be the best thing ever.  It's so easy to set up and the shift functions are awesome.  I had a problem with one of the mag stiks.  One of the bolts broke while I was installing it.  I emailed Ultimarc and they got me replacement parts right out free of charge.  I highly recommend these guys.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:39 am
Re: Ultimarc
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 12:36:17 pm »
Absolutely, they (Andy) have been very good to me too.

One time a couple of AVGA cards were screwing me around, and he sent replacements right away.

I'm also amazed that an order from the UK made on Friday can be delivered to my door in Australia the following Friday.  One week from order to delivery, to the other side of the world, is pretty impressive. :notworthy:
Check out my completed projects!

genesim

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2010, 08:18:42 pm
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 12:46:01 am »
With Ultimarc there is no comparison.

I have 2 4-way J-Sticks(one for Qbert and one for Pacman), Arcade VGA version 2 that enables great PC Monitor functions(If one missed the completely moronic debate on the other thread  ::)), Ipac 4 board, PS2 Console Converter, and finally Dreamcast Console converter. 

ALL items have been flawless and I highly recomend them.   

Ultimarc=Quality.   BOTTOM LINE

mrbones

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2011, 12:25:39 pm
    • ATVFlorida.com
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 11:58:59 am »
I'd have to disagree slightly.

My experience with the mini-pac has been a disappointment. I wouldn't recommend mini-pac to anyone. I have to reprogram mine every time at boot up so its a real pain in my side. I've contacted Ultimarc's tech support months ago and it went unanswered. I've tried a number of registry fixes but the problem persists.

Other than the reprogram problem I have, the product does work well. So, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

-mrb

infamous360

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2008, 11:27:04 pm
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 01:53:55 pm »
I high recommend ultimarc the ipac is a really good and easy alternative to hacking a keyboard
Current projects: IIDX Doubles Deck, Playstation2 joystick, Xbox360 Joystick

Jouster

• <replace with your own witty comment>
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2023, 10:55:01 pm
  • Flap, Flap...Crash
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 08:48:56 pm »
Ya know what I'd love to see?  The U360 with the option to use a switch as shift.  You can currently attach 8 buttons to the U360...a shift could make that 14 fully commited buttons.  That would be perfect for a bartop with a single joystick.

Jouster
There are 10 types of people out there...those that understand binary, and those that don't.

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 09, 2024, 02:36:26 pm
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 09:43:19 pm »
Ya know what I'd love to see?  The U360 with the option to use a switch as shift.  You can currently attach 8 buttons to the U360...a shift could make that 14 fully commited buttons.  That would be perfect for a bartop with a single joystick.

Jouster

How about this?

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=67111.0

Jouster

• <replace with your own witty comment>
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 27, 2023, 10:55:01 pm
  • Flap, Flap...Crash
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 12:25:34 pm »
Oh, nice.

I guess that's what I get for not checking the forums for a couple of months!!

Time for a slight modification to the bartop!!

Jouster
There are 10 types of people out there...those that understand binary, and those that don't.

genesim

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 10:20:02 am »
Well after giving Ulitimarc a glowing review, I have to insert foot directly into mouth.    See problems on the Cosoles part of the forum.    I have issues with both the PSX and Dreamcast console adapter.   Also anyone that can help..please do.   Again, I am putting into appropriate topic.

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 03:06:39 am
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 01:30:33 pm »
Like I said in my original post, top marks to Ultimarc for prompt replacement, but the two AVGA cards did stuff up in the first place.  And one of the two replacement cards wasn't good either.  But again, stuff happens and the company provided all the support that they could.
Check out my completed projects!

genesim

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 10:01:34 am »
Well I found out that it wasn't my game console adapter.   So now it is looking like a mechanical probelm...and having some kind of "sticking" key.

I must say that Andy was a tremendous help.     The problem isn't solved yet, but thankfully it isn't the console adapters.

I will report back, but I have to say Player One works like a charm.    I must have grounding problem or something like that.   I recently rewired so anything is possible.

northerngames

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2016, 04:18:51 pm
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2007, 11:22:51 pm »
I'd have to disagree slightly.

My experience with the mini-pac has been a disappointment. I wouldn't recommend mini-pac to anyone. I have to reprogram mine every time at boot up so its a real pain in my side. I've contacted Ultimarc's tech support months ago and it went unanswered. I've tried a number of registry fixes but the problem persists.

Other than the reprogram problem I have, the product does work well. So, I guess it depends on how you look at it.

-mrb

connect it by ps2 and not usb and problem no more  ;D

Sir Auros

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 06, 2012, 12:13:00 pm
    • The Transformers Archive
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2007, 04:27:24 am »
Ultimarc ships fast! The j-stick I ordered left London one day and was here by 2pm the next.

I can't comment much on the quality yet, but I do know that the j-stick and ipac4 I bought from them do work. I haven't gotten to use them much since I'm still working out how to mount a monitor. The ipac4 wasn't registering players 3 and 4 at first, but after a reboot, they did and have every time since.

esaelectrionics

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2013, 01:05:50 pm
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2007, 05:53:29 pm »
j-pac is a really great product,
and im more than happy with it.

Im not as pleased with the Arcadevga 2,
it is a good card and works really well
but i dont like the quality of the colour
output as much as some of
my old cards, but i think its an ATI fault of the
cheaper 9250 based cards
and nothing to do with andy as screen res and
smoothness of the card cant be faulted.

I bought another standard Ati 9250
and the colours were the same- good but
not perfect, just not as vibrant as older cards
like matrox g400 or Ati 7000 based from a few years back.
Maybe the pci express version looks better.

still really good products.

neil324

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2013, 03:53:50 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 03:01:45 pm »
Im not saying i would not have put a cabinet together without ultimarc but they sure made its easy, come on their product range and quality is second to none. To me their j-pac is great, go out buy a jamma cabinet install the j-pac and away you go, then if you want to use jamma boards no problem. Also their 4 way to 8 way changeable without removing the control panel. Also the arcade VGA  :applaud:
Of course some people will have problems but Andy is an industry leader  :notworthy:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:05:10 pm by neil324 »

fjl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 04, 2017, 10:14:04 pm
  • Pixels Rule!
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 08:14:05 pm »
I've mentioned this in the past, and I'll say it again. GroovyGameGears and Ultimarc are awesome places to do online business with. They both sent my items quickly and also personally answered my questions. I had a problem with one of my U360's and Andy quickly replaced the bad part free of charge. Now that's what I call service
  :notworthy:  :cheers:

If only big online merchant corporations could follow suite and have the heart of small businesses like GGG and Ultimarc things would be a lot different. Now if only Ponyboy would be as attentive. I'm still waiting for a reply from a PM I sent him like months ago.

Troy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2019, 04:34:07 am
    • Troydo gallery
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 05:13:31 am »
Also gonna put my hand up for ultimarc, i bought some stuff from a local distributer in Oz, ozstick.com and had some probs programming the ipac and andy replied the same night and was really helpful and friendly 

two thumbs up!

Ginsu Victim

• Yeah, owning a MAME cab only leads to owning real ones. MAME just isn't good enough. It's a gateway drug.
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 08, 2023, 02:40:58 pm
  • Comanche, OK -- USA
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2008, 10:54:14 am »
Though I've not hooked up my mini-pac yet, I will saying their shipping is amazing. I placed my order on a Monday evening, and had it by Thursday. This was UK to Oklahoma. Awesome shipping.

TheShanMan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 03:35:12 pm
    • My Arcade (updated 1/30/13)
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2008, 09:17:01 pm »
Same here. Placed the order Tuesday and got it today (Friday). 3 days from UK to Oregon! Amazing.
My Collection: Mame cab, 38 dedicated vids, pin, skeeball, coin op air hockey table, Ice Cold Beer, Megatouch, 2 token machines, and payphone (VAPS, pics at Arcade Crusade)

Add Ambience to your mame cab setup

FauberOptic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2008, 07:50:36 pm
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 10:14:57 am »
seems like most people favor ipac :)
anyone every tried the
72 Input Keyboard Encoder w/ Trackball Interface from hagstrom? or does everyone like the ipac equivalent better?
i will have to read up on it i guess!