Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ********MALA Layout Adding a custom pic to the background*******  (Read 2160 times)

art-ki-tech

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2007, 03:16:36 pm
  • Design for Life
I have been pullign my hair out all weekend trying to figure this out (Now im bald lol)  :hissy:

I made a custom background (see rough draft below) and I want to add it to the background. I set up a folder and everything
as noted on all of the forums. My resolution is 1280 x 768. I only need a fixed screen resolution at the moment. My folders and
filename are the same for my custom layout. Ive seen a few forums but I have yet to have my background pic show. The pic is in JPG. format.
When editing in the mala layout editor my arrangement of the gamelist etc is positioned according to my changes yet the background shows blank..
please help!!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 01:24:01 pm by art-ki-tech »
"Beautiful buildings are more than scientific...They are true    organisms, spiritually    conceived; works of art using    the best technology..."
- Quote by Frank Lloyd Wright

NickG

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2022, 05:25:23 am
  • Dig.
    • My Projects Page
Re: ********MALA Layout Adding a custom pic to the background*******
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 03:08:33 pm »
You have to check the box "Use layout names for directory names" if you put the images in a folder with the same name as the layout.

Alternatively, leave it unchecked and put the .jpg file in the same folder as the .mll file.

art-ki-tech

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2007, 03:16:36 pm
  • Design for Life
Re: ********MALA Layout Adding a custom pic to the background*******
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 04:13:10 pm »
You have to check the box "Use layout names for directory names" if you put the images in a folder with the same name as the layout.

Alternatively, leave it unchecked and put the .jpg file in the same folder as the .mll file.

Thanks Nick!
It worked!!
I appreciate your help....
"Beautiful buildings are more than scientific...They are true    organisms, spiritually    conceived; works of art using    the best technology..."
- Quote by Frank Lloyd Wright

loadman

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2020, 03:23:55 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 07:45:03 pm by loadman »