Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone use 33" arcade monitor for MAME?  (Read 1887 times)

arcadecab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2007, 06:17:06 pm
Anyone use 33" arcade monitor for MAME?
« on: April 15, 2003, 02:50:21 pm »
I am looking into the Wells Gardner D9200 arcade monitors as they seem to be the absolute best arcade monitors for MAME or any other arcade board/emulator application.  I noticed that it comes in a 27" and 33" version.  I have heard many comments on the 27" version, but have not heard anything about the 33" version.  I believe technically, they are identical and have identical features as far as 15/24/31 mhz operations.  How does MAME look on a 33" monitor?  Is it possible to be "too big" for the MAME roms--do they fill the entire screen (except for the vertical games)?  Do you lose any graphics quality or resolution by going to a larger screen.  If the quality is the same, I may look into getting the bigger screen--as in tv's, bigger is better if quality is maintained.  Just wondering if anyone has had experience or any downfalls with going the 33" route with the D9200.
Thanks.

Superdude

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 22, 2016, 11:53:48 am
  • Mo' Betta Butter with da Betta Playa'
Re:Anyone use 33" arcade monitor for MAME?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 03:49:10 pm »
I run a 33" panasonic arcade monitor.  No it's not too big.  I like it alot because its easier to play 4 player games on it.  If you have the space get it.

seaner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 21, 2003, 02:10:16 pm
    • http://www.beerbot.ca/mame
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 04:05:38 pm »
You might want to contact Wells Gardner regarding the 33".
I was under the impression that they weren't widely available (try ordering one on their site.. you probably can't).
They should use the same hardware, just a different tube I'd think.
I really wonder what sort of space you'd need in a cabinet to house a 33" monitor. (FYI, I have the 27", and it is just a bit over 24" wide.. after gaming, the 19" pc monitor feels like a 14" :P)

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 07:43:00 pm »
I have seen the 33" d9200.Looks great except its little bit fuzzier.could be just me but the blur is noticable.
nothing bad though..looks great ! :)
But buying this would be REALLY cool except you really have $800 for a monitor.?
that dont include shiping.
Its little too big though.. :-\.
But hey ya got money,space,people to help you install the monitor then WHY NOT !  :D
« Last Edit: April 15, 2003, 07:47:58 pm by SNAAAKE »

Firebaall

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 01, 2011, 11:26:24 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2003, 03:25:58 am »
Bah!  

Get the biggest you can fit!

I've got a 38" Pentranic that I want to use for my next cab.  I don't know if I can tear it away from my gaming PC though.  ;)

paigeoliver

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2022, 06:10:15 pm
  • Awesome face!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 04:26:14 am »
I have always wondered about those 50" screens in deluxe "Pump it Up" machines. Those are supposed to be VGA (at least Klov lists Pump it Up as VGA).

I had thought about forking out the cash to get a 50" Pump it Up imported from Korea (much cheaper than the US versions), selling the internal hardware (Pump it up is available for PC anyway, I can just run that version instead), and making a control panel on a stand right behind the dance pads.
Acceptance of Zen philosophy is marred slightly by the nagging thought that if all things are interconnected, then all things must be in some way involved with Pauly Shore.