Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: A packed and very large arcade experience  (Read 714 times)

releasedtruth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2018, 12:06:49 am
  • Projected Nexus
A packed and very large arcade experience
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:55:19 am »
Well, I went to a place in Phoenix called Castles N' Coasters on Sat. The weather was perfect and the place was, to use the parlance of our times, fudge packed. The arcade inside the Castle is 2 levels complete with shooting gallery, many pinball machines, new games as well as old. The upper level has the classics. I played Off Road 3-player, Chase H.Q., and Simpsons. There were plenty of others including an original Tron, Hang On, Afterburner, Robocop, etc. The room was set up in a square where all the new games were in the middle and on 3 sides of the square with the upstairs being a 3 sided balcony of games, so you could see nearly every game on both levels at once. They boast 18,000ft and 300 games. Not every game was in great shape mind you, but it was definitely nostalgic, to say the least.

If you live in Phoenix I'm sure you know already, but I came up from Tucson for mini-golf and 300 in the IMAX and I was not disappointed.

shorthair

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: A packed and very large arcade experience
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 04:22:36 pm »
Perhaps you've been missing this thread:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=64611.0