Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Midway Coin Door Retrofit  (Read 2106 times)

kittyfox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2012, 04:59:19 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Midway Coin Door Retrofit
« on: September 17, 2012, 01:46:19 pm »
A fellow poster here and friend of mine suggested that I post here with what I've done so far.

I recently picked up an old Astron Belt cab and have been working at cleaning it up and retrofitting it for use as a Jamma Cab and eventual MAME cab.

One thing that I wanted to do was to maintain as much of the original cabinet as I could.  One of those areas was the coin door.  I wanted to somehow add some buttons to it for credits, and noticed that there were the windows to either side of the coin slots that are used to illuminate the old 25 cents to play plates.

I found these low-profile pushbuttons on Suzo-Happ:  http://na.suzohapp.com/pushbuttons/5700044x.htm

With only minor filing on the cost to play plates, they fit perfectly into the coin door by pinning them between the coin door and the metal plates.  Added a quick legend and a DPST switch inside the cabinet, and I ended up with the look in the photo (sorry for the fuzziness, bad camera and bad lighting when taken).  Wired the buttons up for credits and can hit my DPST switch to turn off the function and require coins for credits.

Quite happy with the final look and was encouraged to post here for anyone else that might be looking for a way to retrofit the old Midway coin doors.

Namco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 02, 2024, 08:30:10 pm
  • Now addicted to Williams pins... all of them.
    • Freddo Mame Project
Re: Midway Coin Door Retrofit
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 02:36:45 pm »
Beautifully done. So simple and clean yet so useful. :cheers:

yotsuya

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:38:01 pm
  • 2014 UCA Winner, 2014, 2015, 2016 ZapCon Winner
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,137636.msg1420628.html
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 02:48:54 pm »
Normally, I don't like seeing buttons added to coin doors, but this was beautifully done.  :cheers:
***Build what you dig, bro. Build what you dig.***

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 29, 2024, 07:09:08 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 09:47:50 pm »
I like.