Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

  

Author Topic: Songs not showing up in the correct CD?!?!?  (Read 1778 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

buzzojoe

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
  • Last login:June 05, 2011, 08:52:59 am
Songs not showing up in the correct CD?!?!?
« on: March 04, 2007, 08:04:02 am »
I loaded a bunch of CDs into WINCAB. I have them correctly inside the right folders, but when I start WinCab, certain songs create their own CD title page, and no matter what I do to the file I can't get it to appear in the correct place.
Yes, I understand that there is a limit to the number of songs per CD page, and that's not it. I've CAREFULLY checked every character in the song file names for something that would cause it, and  I've also completely renamed the songs just to try that and that doesn't help either. Here's an example.  I loaded the top 100 songs from 1967 into a folder. When I start WinCab, 95 of the songs appear correctly in the 1967 CD pages, but "When I was Young" by the Animals, along with several Beatles songs create their own CD title pages with only one song in them.
If I delete the song completely it obviously solves the problem temporarily, but a lot of the songs are one's that I really want to have.
Any ideas?

buzzojoe

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
  • Last login:June 05, 2011, 08:52:59 am
Re: Songs not showing up in the correct CD?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 08:24:11 am »
Ok!
Here's another piece of the puzzle!
It appears that all of the songs that are doing this are very large for MP3 files. Most of them are over 5,000KB.
Is there some kind of maximum file size setting on WinCab, or could some kind of additional info be getting coded into the songs that make them act strange? 

JustMichael

  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1438
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
Re: Songs not showing up in the correct CD?!?!?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 01:17:55 pm »
Have you checked the ID3 tags?

Karaokedude

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 73
  • Last login:October 16, 2007, 12:21:00 pm
Re: Songs not showing up in the correct CD?!?!?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 08:31:27 pm »
if your IDTags are not correct then FilenameCrop option will take effect

Any information in the filename up to the last hyphen followed by a space is assumed to be
album and artist information and is dropped from the title.

rwmech

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2
  • Last login:April 04, 2007, 04:11:16 pm
Re: Songs not showing up in the correct CD?!?!?
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 09:29:22 am »
I recently ran into something very similar.  I had "albums" that were containing the wrong information. 

From what I could determine, if the album name was the same such as "Greatest Hits", "Hits", "The Best Of" they always grouped into the same albums.  Additionally, it would jump into another album and have whatever was the first album cover.

I corrected this by manually modifying each album title to include the artist name such as "Beatles Greates Hits" which then put it into the right folder.

I also noticed another thing which I think is a bug.  If I have "UseZero" enabled and the option to play an album by pressing zero off, it seemed to push the numbers one off.  i.e. #1 was really #2.  Not sure what caused that but I just disabled zero to work around the problem.