Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Its about time! Finally ordered a copy.  (Read 6265 times)

Hippie459MN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 06:15:42 pm
    • The Home of Hippie459MN
Its about time! Finally ordered a copy.
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:28:01 pm »
Just ordered my copy today. Cant wait to get it and start learning.  :applaud:
Long live Donkey Kong Jr.!!!!

Donkey_Kong

• heh. I dont know what it stands for but I'm immature and thats hilarious.
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:39:54 am
    • CNC Machines
Re: Its about time! Finally ordered a copy.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 06:22:15 pm »
HippieMN, Welcome to BYOAC!! Are you form Minnesota by chance? Ur name is a bit of a tip, maybe?

I started a cabinet on a whim and am regretting it a bit now. I'm going to get through it though and then next time I plan on buying Saint's book so that it will go easier. If you spend $30 now, you might save 3-4 times that much money in mistakes! Not to mention time and frustration.

Good luck with the project and we will hope you keep us posted on the progress!!

Carved Signs, Custom Gameroom Signs, and Arcade Game Decor and now CNC MACHINES by Melissa Jones

Hippie459MN

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 07:44:34 pm »
Yep. I am from Minnesota. The Princeton and Anoka area. I have been a member here since late 04 I think it was and have made a post or 2 here and there. Now that I am moved and as soon as spring time comes I will be working on a few cabinets (Cold weather and no warm garage right now with space in it) I have picked up over time and build a nice mame cab.

Donkey_Kong

• heh. I dont know what it stands for but I'm immature and thats hilarious.
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:39:54 am
    • CNC Machines
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:34:46 pm »
Anoka, Cool! The Halloween Parade capitol of the World!! I'm way up in Brainerd.

Glad to hear you are getting started. If you ever need any technical assistance with your cab...Or anything for that matter, I have found the people on this forum to be very knowledgeable. It is kinda like an up-to-date interactive Encyclopedia @ byoac. I'm sure you already knew all that though. 

Again good luck on the Mame cab!

:cheers:
Carved Signs, Custom Gameroom Signs, and Arcade Game Decor and now CNC MACHINES by Melissa Jones

Hippie459MN

• Offline Offline
Re: Its about time! Finally ordered a copy. ITS HERE!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 11:20:47 am »
So the mail man was kind enough to drop off my fine copy yesterday and from what I have paged through so far, I am impressed! I am gonna be out of town for work for a while and this will be some great reading in my down time. I can't wait. Thanks for the awsome book! :applaud: