Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: (s)nes rom information wanted  (Read 595 times)

ipaqlinux48

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 07, 2007, 04:03:35 pm
  • I'm a newbie
(s)nes rom information wanted
« on: December 27, 2006, 05:34:46 am »
Hi,

Is there some database of (s)nes rom information that I can use in a front-end. Just like mame, you can use mame --listxml, to generate a huge XML file which contains various information about the roms (like year, manufacturer, type of game, ...). I want to have something like that but then for the (s)nes games (and sega, ...).

Thanks in advance
The more you know, the less you know!

thorus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2009, 12:42:22 am
    • Emu-FE
Re: (s)nes rom information wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 04:04:06 pm »
I have been in search for similar data for a while also.  There are none the cover the entire good sets with any good detail.  Although there are a few attempts that meet some usability.  Check these out:

• GameBase This one has a limited amount of games but lots of detail, also its isn't actively improved.
  • Orfax's quickplay databases This one has LOTS of games but less data also it IS actively being improved.
  • the romDB used for MythGame This one has even more games but even less information. (like a couple of fields)

And hopefully when it finally gets going you can also check out the database files that would be produced by the gameWiki that I'm currently trying to start.  If you are interested in helping with the effort I'd be happy to have some help.
My current project: Yet to be named