Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: another problem with DOA stick  (Read 1013 times)

stephenp1983

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 11:26:39 am
another problem with DOA stick
« on: August 20, 2006, 07:43:35 pm »
I am trying to add the doa to my laptop now and I'm running into problems.  I have the xbox drivers from my other post, but they aren't seeming to work.  With my other computer the stick would recognize in windows fine before I installed the drivers, but wouldn't work in mame32.  Now when I plug it into my laptop it acknowledges that its plugged in, but won't install it correctly.  I have tried just installing the xbox driver before plugging it in but that won't work either.  I think it has something to do with windows having to see it as something before the xbox drivers can be installed.

cw

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 23, 2024, 08:42:20 pm
  • Game over man game over
    • The Cab
Re: another problem with DOA stick
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 04:45:14 am »
did you enable the joystick in the menu?

i know nothing at all about the xbox... but if you get it installed in windows and can test it or see it in the game controllers then you should be ok after enabling it...

stephenp1983

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 11:26:39 am
Re: another problem with DOA stick
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 10:07:45 am »
That's the thing I can't get it to install on my laptop.  It sees it as a DOA 4 stick in the device manager, but with an incorrect driver.  The xbox driver doesn't seem to change it whenI install it either.