Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: The Descent - Five Stars  (Read 541 times)

RTSDaddy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2014, 08:28:03 pm
  • Bees! Oh bother!
The Descent - Five Stars
« on: August 05, 2006, 02:19:26 pm »
Ok, now I am at best an every-once-in-a-while horror movie goer...but when I saw the trailers for this one, I knew I'd be at it.

If you liked Alien (or Aliens for that matter), you really should check this movie out.  I saw it yesterday at the first showing, and I have been unable to stop thinking about it since.  It is both physically and psychologically a trip and a half.  If you've seen the trailer and heard the comments, trust me they are not overbilling the film - it is a "masterpiece of modern horror" and just a rollicking, scary good time!

I was reading one review of it last night and the critic was saying something to the effect that instead of leaving you weak, it leaves you feeling energized.  I would totally agree...and unless I gave parts of it away there's really not much more to say about how satisfying the film is from start to finish.  BRAVO!!   :applaud:   :applaud: :applaud:  :applaud:

Take a date who's scared of the dark though....this is a GREAT date movie if your significant other is one who jumps at the slightest movement!!

Lutus

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2012, 10:58:10 am
  • "I love my Power Glove. It's so BAD!"
Re: The Descent - Five Stars
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 04:01:28 pm »
One word to say.....

GOUGE!!!

After seeing it you will know.

Peace.
-----------------------------