Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala tree question?  (Read 3102 times)

Popcorrin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2022, 11:11:43 am
Mala tree question?
« on: July 12, 2006, 12:03:32 pm »
I am using the tree configuration in mala and I have encountered a problem.  On the very first screen(the mala menu) in the space where it would display the game list title it says "all games", which I would rather it didn't, since at this point no game list is displayed.  I would rather it say "choose platform" or something of that nature. 
  I have tried to find a setting to change this but have had no luck.

Popcorrin

• Offline Offline
Re: Mala tree question?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 12:08:58 pm »
Also I was wondering if there was any way to map a different key to the navigate back function other than the exit key?

loadman

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2024, 05:14:32 am
  • Cocktail Cab owner and MaLa FE developer
    • MaLa
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 12:31:39 pm »
I am using the tree configuration in mala and I have encountered a problem.  On the very first screen(the mala menu) in the space where it would display the game list title it says "all games", which I would rather it didn't, since at this point no game list is displayed.  I would rather it say "choose platform" or something of that nature. 
Is your tree arranged like this?  (see Pics)

loadman

• Offline Offline
    • MaLa
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 05:37:35 pm »
Also I was wondering if there was any way to map a different key to the navigate back function other than the exit key?
Yes you can (see attached pic mala99)
But be aware it is the same key that will promt you if you wish to exit mala when you are at the top of the tree

Popcorrin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 05:40:33 pm »
But be aware it is the same key that will promt you if you wish to exit mala when you are at the top of the tree

Basically that was my question.  If they could be different keys.  Evidently the answer is no.  Thanks

Popcorrin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2006, 05:43:31 pm »

Yes my tree is basically arranged like that.  I am using the alienhead layout for everything though and the TEXT3 box which is the gamelist title wants to display the title "All games" at the very first screen even though no games are listed, just different emulators.

loadman

• Offline Offline
    • MaLa
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2006, 06:51:18 pm »

Yes my tree is basically arranged like that.  I am using the alienhead layout for everything though and the TEXT3 box which is the gamelist title wants to display the title "All games" at the very first screen even though no games are listed, just different emulators.

[LATER EDIT]
Yeah I see what you mean.  It should not really be display anything in that fileld at that point as you are not in a 'game-list ' yet just a 'menu list'

Until that bug is fixed you may just have to remove or change that field to something else with the layout editor if it really bugs you
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 07:49:27 pm by loadman »

loadman

• Offline Offline
    • MaLa
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2006, 07:48:32 pm »

Basically that was my question.  If they could be different keys.  Evidently the answer is no.  Thanks
Sorry, I did not read your question properly.  ::)
Yeah it would be a good option to use a diffrent key.

Although if you hit 'esc' too many times and are faced with the 'Quit?' or 'Shutdown?' window the hitting 'esc' again will make the window go away :-)

Popcorrin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 04:17:02 pm »
Thanks for the responses Loadman.  I ended up doing what you suggested and made minor changes to the layout so it wouldn't display that text.