Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP! Broken Neck Board on Muliticade Cocktail Table  (Read 1784 times)

zigdust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2006, 10:20:50 am
Hi-

First off, let me say that this is my first post on this forum and that I have absolutely NO experience with fixing monitors, or arcade games at all.  So please excuse my amateurish language.  I have posted pictures that I thought would be helpful.  If you want additional pictures, feel free to email me and I will provide them.

So, here's my issue:

While I was fixing the control panel of my multicade cocktail table, it fell into the machine breaking off the neck board which attaches to my monitor.  After analyzing it for several hours, I determined that the neck board broke off of the bottom of the monitor and a piece of the board was still attached to the monitor (see pic).  The piece that is still attached to the monitor has some sort of glue around it and I did not want to attempt to remove it causing further damage to the monitor (see pic).  I was able to purchase a replacement neck board but like I said, I did not want to try to remove the broken piece of the neckboard from the monitor.

Can someone please advise as to how I would remove this piece?  It looks rather simple once this piece is removed. 

I have attempted to attach 4 photos with this post.  If you cannot view them, please let me know.  Thanks in advance!

Kevin Mullins

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 01, 2021, 01:29:34 pm
    • Me on Myspace
Re: PLEASE HELP! Broken Neck Board on Muliticade Cocktail Table
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 10:28:03 am »
Gently pick the rubbery glue away from the white portion until it will slide straight off.
Don't wiggle and force it too much.
Leaving behind the black piece which you do not want to disturb at all on the glass tube.
It should not be very difficult to get this "glue" to come loose.
It's more like hot melt glue than anything else.

There is usually a little "tab" to unlock the larger red wire that goes into the yellow connector piece, then it should easily pull out.
Replace it in just the reverse order on the new one.
(unlock - slide in - lock)

And then just de-solder, move, and re-solder the little red wire at location SCN to the new one........
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:33:52 am by Kevin Mullins »
Not a technician . . . . just a DIY'er.

zigdust

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2006, 10:20:50 am
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 10:34:01 am »
Thanks for the quick reply.

How esential is this "glue"?

Will I need to glue the new piece onto the neck?

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 10:36:45 am »
You can if you want you can apply new hot glue ....... not "essential".
Just there to keep it from vibrating off and such during shipment.
This is usually the first place to check after moving an older machine.

Kevin Mullins

• Offline Offline
    • Me on Myspace
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 10:40:09 am »
Oh, and that white piece is designed to just pull straight off .... and push straight on.
Make sure you have the pins lined up corectly when you go to put it back.
There will be one offset all by itself, and should be a "keyway" of sorts.
Simple enough.... just double check.

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 10:55:28 am »
The glue is usually white silicone glue not hot melt glue. It is indeed only put there at the time of manufacture to keep the neck board from sliding off during shipment. Absolutely no need to reglue at all.

BTW, that picture of the picture tube label is just that----a picture tube industry part number for that tube. It is not the brand or model of the monitor itself.