Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Album Search Tool...???  (Read 1804 times)

Taborious

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2011, 04:55:45 pm
  • Win or go Home!
    • The Way Back Machine
Album Search Tool...???
« on: March 06, 2006, 09:29:13 am »
I was wondering if there were any apps out there that will do an album search if given a song title? Not for artwork but just to find out what album said song was on...???
The Way Back Machine - http://www.taborious.com

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
Re: Album Search Tool...???
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 09:34:53 am »
Use google, you could find that in a couple of seconds  ::)

Taborious

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Win or go Home!
    • The Way Back Machine
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 02:51:01 pm »
In theory that would work but of course you get a ton of other listings and if it were a single search no problem but rather impracticle for a large library.

Barry Barcrest

• I'm only in it for the lack of money
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2021, 09:54:17 am
  • Simple Plan
    • E-Touch Jukebox
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 03:34:36 am »
If you want to search your library then you can do it with in freebox jukebox, you didn't make the original request too clear. You can search your library for any track by a partial search. When the results come up click the one you want and instead of picking one of the play options click the album cover to jump to that album... Is that the type of thing you ment?

Taborious

• Wiki Contributor
  • Offline Offline
  • Win or go Home!
    • The Way Back Machine
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 02:06:25 pm »
I guess you're correct that I didn't make my origianl post clear I'll clarify. I have a large mp3 library and CDs. I want include both of these in a new jukebox program (probably SK). I'm going to use the ripper guide that DrewKaree posted and I have also been given a link to a very nice search tool for finding album covers.

Possible TABOO topic coming, feel free to flame I haven't seen anything on the topic yet so I'm posting, I'll delete the post if needed.

However, for my collection of mp3 I only have artist and song title. I want to catagorize those into folders per albums but I don't know what album each song is on. So I was looking for a search tool for that purpose.

NinjaEpisode

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2019, 06:47:45 pm
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 08:17:56 pm »
Quote from: Taborious
I want to catagorize those into folders per albums but I don't know what album each song is on. So I was looking for a search tool for that purpose.

The problem with this train of thought is simply compilations, greatest hits, soundtracks, best of's, NOWs, etc.....

In other words, each song can end up on more that one album.  While this won't happen with all of your music, it will happen with a good 5-10%.  Sounds small, but when you're talking 10's of thousands of songs, it gets hairy real fast.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 08:21:19 pm by NinjaEpisode »

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 08:30:28 am »
Many jukebox do have database search fucntions, like that one Barcrest have using. My own jukebox have a little search funtions, that work fine with titlennames. If you have gave them correct titlenames on files or tagged them, they should works with my own Arcade Music Box (it support both dirmask/filemask and/or tags).
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.