Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Minimum Screen Size for Lightgun Games  (Read 1524 times)

Dizzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 09, 2014, 05:28:04 pm
Minimum Screen Size for Lightgun Games
« on: January 24, 2006, 01:54:09 am »
For those of you who may have some personal insight into the matter.. what do you think is the smallest screen a cab should have in order to really enjoy light gun games?  Or do you think it matters?

Thanks!

elvis

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 13, 2023, 05:31:03 pm
  • penguin poker
    • StickFreaks
Re: Minimum Screen Size for Lightgun Games
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 02:02:56 am »
For me, the bigger the better.  I like the feeling of actually having to move my whole body while aiming the guns.

I recently bought a really cheap 80cm (31") "fishbowl" CRT TV and played a few PS2 gungames on it (classics like Virtua Cop as well as the new Time Crisis sequel) and it was great.  Beats the hell out of playing on my 51cm (21") TV, even if the scanlines are more noticable.  :)

Goz

• KOTA
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:26:58 am
Re: Minimum Screen Size for Lightgun Games
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 09:00:22 am »
I wouldn't want to play gun games on anything smaller than a 25". Most of the gun games that stick in my head had at least a 25" monitor. The two I've owned have also had this size of a monitor. The bigger the better though....